Manager of Assessment Services - Lacombe County
Manager of Assessment Services
Assessment Services Department | Permanent Full-Time Position
Monday - Friday | 8:30am - 4:30pm
We’re looking for a professionally qualified assessor to lead Lacombe County’s Assessment department. As a proven leader, you will provide strategic leadership for the department, manage staff, and ensure fair and equitable assessments are completed for all County assessable residential, commercial and regulated properties.
Please note: This vacancy is due to an upcoming retirement in 2023. A cross-training plan to ensure a successful transition has been arranged.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assessment: Oversee the County’s assessment program; ensure property valuations are done in a timely manner and accurate assessment notices are issued.
- Leadership: As an effective leader with strong commu- nication skills, lead the team who is responsible for preparing stable and fair property assessments.
- Representation: Represent the County and defend property assessment decisions at assessment review board hearings.
- Research, Data Analysis, Reporting Writing: Conduct market research; read, gather, interpret and analyze data. Prepare written reports accordingly.
- Overall Department Responsibilities: Respond to questions related to assessment and taxation problems encoun- tered within the department, ensure the effective development and implementation of department initiatives and policies, collaborate with stakeholders to build understanding about assessment and tax matters, develop the annual budget for the department and monitor fiscal activity to ensure conformity.
- Relevant post-secondary education in a related field and must be professionally accredited through the Alberta Assessors’ Association (or equivalent accreditation).
- At least 10 years of related work experience, preferably with demonstrated leadership and supervision experience. Must possess extensive knowledge of the overall assessment and taxation process and practices, the different approaches/models to valuation, and the relevant legislation. Must be a leader who wants to build on a culture that embraces innovation, change and development.
- Significant experience performing industrial assessments preferred, or the desire and ability to learn.
- Possess a strong customer service oriented philosophy with a proven history of building and maintaining relationships with diverse stakeholders.
For more information, please view the Manager of Assessment Services Job Description on the Lacombe County website.
We support a work-life balance and offer an excellent compensation package including a comprehensive group benefits package (including pension plan), a health/wellness spending account, a flex time program, work from home program, and professional development opportunities. Lacombe County is committed to maintaining a vibrant, healthy, safe, car- ing and inclusive work environment. We hire great people who are looking to contribute to our respectful workplace.
Please forward your application no later than August 10, 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Applications will be reviewed and scheduled for an interview as they are received.*
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. Please note: All applicants must be legally entitled to live and work in Canada. This competition may remain open longer until a suitable candidate is found.