Clerk Operations - District of North Vancouver
Home to vast parkland and attractions including Grouse Mountain, Lynn Canyon and Capilano Suspension Bridge, the District of North Vancouver is inspired by nature, and enriched by people. Designated one of BC’s Top Employers for 4 years, the District offers exciting professional development opportunities and a competitive total compensation package including a nine day fortnight and remote work options. This is an exciting time to join the District, as we embark on a range of initiatives to transform digital service delivery, customer experience, and our approach to climate action. Known for being a flexible, family-friendly employer with an inclusive workplace culture, the District of North Vancouver offers an exceptional workplace culture. If you are civic-minded and interested in making an impact on people and businesses on the beautiful North Shore, consider working for the District of North Vancouver.
The Solid Waste department is looking for one (1) Regular Full-Time Solid Waste Clerk to join their team. This is clerical and word processing work of moderate complexity that requires the ability to exercise some independent judgement. The work involves the processing of service and work requests; preparing documents, spreadsheets and correspondence and maintaining tracking procedures; reconciling invoice statements; responding to calls and letters regarding Solid Waste queries and complaints; updating website with current information for Solid Waste department. You will provide general customer service and clerical support to the department.
The successful applicant will have:
- A sound knowledge of practices and procedures used in operation of computerized systems and equipment for managing departmental operations;
- The ability to perform accurate mathematical calculations and be proficient with Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook and other software applications. Preference given to those with experience in JDE Enterprise One system;
- An excellent command of business English, spelling, and punctuation as well as excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to independently compose routine correspondence, reports and related material, plus proficiency in typing and a sound knowledge of office procedures;
- Exceptional customer service dealing with and speaking to customers/residents; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts, handle enquiries, provide information and resolve routine complaints.
- Provide coverage for Fleet and Solid Waste Payroll and if necessary, full coverage during absences.
- Previous experience of administration linked to asset management including knowledge of Fleet and Solid Waste preferred.
- Experience with issuing and screening of Bylaw tickets and the ability to tactfully handle conflicts and challenging situations.
Qualifications: Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by related courses plus sound related clerical experience, preferably in a municipal environment, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License is required and an Occupational First Aid Certificate would be an asset.
The pay range for this unionized position is $26.34 - $30.94 per hour (2021 rates). If you are interested in this position, have a passion to serve people and the community and a demonstrated commitment to supporting a healthy workplace, we would like to hear from you. Please apply on-line with your resume and current dated driver’s abstract at https://careers.dnv.org. This position will remain open until filled.
We respectfully acknowledge the Coast Salish peoples, specifically the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), on whose ancestral lands the District of North Vancouver is located.
We thank you for your interest in employment with the District of North Vancouver and advise that only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.