CSO Unit Commander/Supervisor - City of North Battleford
City of North Battleford
North Battleford is located in west-central Saskatchewan. More than 15,000 people, who enjoy a cost of living that is one of the lowest in the country, rely on the daily services provided by the city’s 250 full and part-time employees. Its relative size allows for a flexible municipal government that gets rid of the red tape for a fast, friendly business development. We are currently inviting applications for a:
CSO Unit Commander/Supervisor
(40 Hours per week) Full-Time
The City of North Battleford has a CSO Unit Commander / Supervisor position available that supervises Community Safety Officers (CSO) in our Patrol Unit. Reporting to the Director of Protective Services, the CSO Unit Commander / Supervisor is a member of the leadership team working alongside the CSO Deputy Commander and other Community Safety Officers to ensure the day-to-day operations of the Enforcement Services department are being safely and lawfully carried out.
As an appointed Special Constable/ CSO Unit Commander / Supervisor and leading by example to work collectively, providing presence, and visibility throughout the community. This will be accomplished through enforcement, prevention, intervention, and education that relate to crime reduction strategies, concepts, and principles with regular interaction with RCMP and other internal and external agencies. Management of CSO staff, engagement, communication, and relationship-building will be crucial for the CSO Supervisor and patrol team in promoting and achieving a high-performing community officer program and effective community safety and relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing work of the Deputy Unit Commander, Community Safety Officers and Protective Services Clerk to ensure quality community policing services to the community.
- Effectively hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates CSO staff. Takes corrective action with staff, as appropriate. Reviews and approves employee timesheets and oversees jointly with the Deputy CSO Unit Commander, the scheduling of staff.
- Proactive networking with the public, community partners and other agencies as needed.
- Monitor and manage administrative (schedule, equipment purchases, etc.).
- Ensure continuity of any evidence gathered by the CSOs for use in court.
- Provides input in the preparation and monitoring of annual operating expenditures and revenues.
- Assist in the development of the capital and lifecycle asset plans.
- In all actions, be accountable and employ ethical decision making and good governance in line with the City’s code of Conduct and Charter of Values, policies and procedures.
- Law & Security Diploma/Certificate in Police/ Justine Studies, Alberta, CPO1, Saskatchewan CSO, or a combination of experience and training equivalent.
- Minimum eight (8) years’ related experience in policing or municipal enforcement.
- Minimum five (5) years’ direct supervisory experience including training.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a vulnerable sector criminal records check suitable to the employer including passing the RCMP Enhanced Background screening checks.
- Must be capable of achieving status of Special Constable Appointment.
- Extensive experience with Saskatchewan provincial statues, Traffic Safety Act, commercial vehicle weights and dimension legislation, infrastructure protection and regulatory municipal bylaws.
- Experience with Provincial and Commissioners Court Document proceedings.
- Posses a Saskatchewan Class 5 drivers’ licence with a satisfactory drivers abstract.
To view the comprehensive job description, please contact email@example.com
Competition Number: UC001
Rate of Pay: $98,915 - $123,266 (OOS Band 6 – Manager Level 1)
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (40 hours per week)
Posting Closing date: August 12, 2022 at 4:00 pm or until successful candidate is found
*Must live in or be willing to re-locate to the City of North Battleford or its direct trading area (within 15 minutes’ travel time of the Battleford area).
Interested candidates are invited to apply by submitting a detailed resume quoting job reference number to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
City of North Battleford 1291 101st Street
P.O. Box 460
North Battleford, SK S9A 2Y6
Telephone: 306 445 -1700
Fax: 306 445-0411
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. If you require accommodation according to the Saskatchewan Human Rights Code, please let us know in order for us to ensure that you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
Please note: Priority will be given to internal applicants