General Manager, Deh Cho Business Development Centre - Deh Cho Business Development Centre
Deh Cho Business Development Centre
General Manager, Deh Cho Business Development Centre
Fort Simpson, NT
The Deh Cho Business Development Centre is a non-profit Community Futures Organization serving a predominantly indigenous population. It was established in 1998 to increase employment in the Deh Cho region through local business development and is considered an Aboriginal Financial Institution (AFI). It offers business development services and loan financing, from its office in Fort Simpson, to businesses in six communities: Sambaa K’e, Wrigley, Fort Liard, Nahanni Butte, Jean Marie River & Fort Simpson.
Reporting to a local Board of Directors, comprised of volunteers from the six communities served by the Centre, the General Manager will manage personnel and oversee, direct and be responsible for all of the day-to-day activities and operations of Deh Cho BDC.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Developing policies, strategic & operational objectives, and financial plans for Board approval.
- Manage all funds and conduct operations to achieve ongoing financial stability.
- Develop and foster effective relationships with all stakeholders in the communities.
- Review, assess and edit all loan applications and make recommendations to the Investment Review Committee.
- Coordinate all professional services rendered to DCBDC.
- Supervise and train all staff
- Ensure adherence to all personnel/administrative policies.
- Promote and market the interests, objectives, and programs of DCBDC.
- Maintain or supervise the maintenance of financial records of DCBDC, prepare financial statements and various reports on operations and activities of DCBDC as well as Strategic and Operating Plans as required or directed by the Board.
- Provision of collection services for all outstanding loans
- Organize and arrange Board meetings, develop agendas, arrange necessary travel, and record and distribute minutes.
- Maintain or supervise the maintenance of the computer system and network.
- Assist the Chairperson in the performance of his/her related duties as required.
- Encourage community organizations to envision and pursue possible economic development activities and help develop implementation plans.
- Meet all objectives set by the Board of Directors.
Essential Requirements include
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting practices with experience in SAGE or QuickBooks.
- Experience in strategic planning, marketing and financial management and analysis.
- Strong written and oral communication abilities
- Class 5 driver’s license and willing to travel to small remote communities by small aircraft and car
Other Assets, Knowledge, Experience and Abilities to include:
- Broad business experience, specifically in the small business sector, either in a management or a consulting capacity.
- Awareness of business development programs, services and support available in the NWT.
- Proven administrative experience and abilities.
- Ability to manage human and financial resources.
- Ability to interpret and implement corporate policies and procedures.
- Experience and proven effectiveness in lending, loan management and collections functions.
- Familiarity with community economic development concepts and practices.
- Experience dealing with indigenous organizations and working in indigenous communities.
- Broad network of contacts in business and government.
- Familiarity with the economy and demographics of the Dehcho Region.
- Able and willing to work in a team environment
- Experience working with entrepreneurs at all levels
Other benefits include a $12,785 northern allowance, three weeks’ vacation, health benefits and a retirement allowance equal to 6% of salary.
Open Until Filled
Rosemary Gill, Chairperson, Deh Cho BDC,
Box 238, Ft. Simpson, NT. X0E 0N0.
Tel: (867) 695-2441 Fax: (867) 695-2052