Finance Manager - Town of Edson
605 – 50th Street
P.O. Box 6300 Edson, AB T7E 1T7
Full-time, Permanent Position
Note: this position may be eligible for a Hybrid remote work arrangement.
We seek a competent, effective, and highly engaged person to fill the role of Finance Manager. The successful candidate will fulfill vital functions for the Town of Edson, including but not limited to:
- Overseeing the administration of all financial services and functions, including financial planning, analysis, accounting controls, taxation and assessment, budget development, investments, grant reporting, asset/inventory protection, and financial statements,
- Developing financial policy, controls, and systems, and making recommendations for improvement,
- Developing and presenting annual budgets,
- Comparing and analyzing actual results with budgeted forecasts, monitoring variances, identifying trends and recommending necessary actions, and
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of financial policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will be a highly engaged, self-starter who can hit the ground running. Ideally, they will possess:
- A CPA designation,
- A post-secondary education in finance or a related field, and
- At least five years directly related progressively responsible experience managing financial employees and functions
However, we are open to candidates with a different combination of education, certifications, and experience. For example, this position might be a good fit for someone working toward their CPA designation.
This position pays $87,000 - $105,000/year, depending on education, certification, and experience. Note, the Town of Edson has excellent benefits and pension and is participating in a Vacation Pilot Program that awards six weeks/year of vacation to all employees regardless of their length of service!
How do you apply?
Please send us a resume and a cover letter not exceeding one page in length. Please tell us who you are, what you value, and why you think this position is a good fit for you in that cover letter. This job will remain posted until we find the right candidate.
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Be sure to quote Competition Number: EDSOM-202206
Closing Date: Until filled
Full Job Description