Technical Support Specialist 1 - City of Surrey
City of Surrey
Technical Support Specialist 1
1 year Term
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
The Technical Support Specialist 1 works under direct supervision to build, test, maintain, and operate associated technology. This role comprises of tasks such as the completion of Service Requests and incidents within specified time periods, first and second level client support; investigate, assess and resolve software, hardware and communication problems on networked computers, isolate and resolve performance issues, build, re-image, upgrade, or replace desktop hardware, software, and peripherals, as well as related functions as required.
- As the successful candidate you will be able to complete work assignments and react to situations and problems by taking action and balancing priorities, consult and collaborate with others as required, provide advice and guidance to customers in a proactive manner and use resources responsibly.
- You will use remote-based tools and automation techniques to minimize travel time and maximize support work efforts. Builds, (de)provisions, (re)configures, upgrades, or installs, replaces or relocates desktop and other end user hardware, software, and peripherals using asset management and change control.
- You will investigate, assess, mitigate, and resolve routine software, hardware, and communication problems on computers, printers, peripherals, and productivity technologies.
- A diploma in information technology or a related field plus two (2) years of related experience or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An understanding of desktop operating systems and common desktop applications.
- An understanding of Windows Server core functions like Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, and DNS; an understanding of IP addressing.
A Police Information Check is required.
This Posting is Open Until Filled