Commissioner of Corporate Services - City of Waterloo
Commissioner of Corporate Services
The Commissioner provides strategic leadership with oversight of service delivery in the following corporate services divisions: Corporate Communications, Financial Services including financial planning and asset management, revenue and accounting, Fleet, Procurement, Human Resources, Information Management and Technology Services, Legal Services and Legislative Services. Corporate Services is the hub of the City’s administrative structure, providing professional services and advice to support governance functions and service delivery. Leading corporate services to achieve a compelling vision that embraces Our Values, this position combines clarity of purpose with a strong commitment to delivery of service excellence to the community.
Reporting directly to the CAO, as a member of the corporate management team, this position provides strategic direction to the City within an integrated and diverse municipal environment. The Commissioner has responsibility for long-term planning, staffing and budgets in overseeing approximately 115 full-time equivalents with a gross operating budget of $18 million. Management of this diverse portfolio mandate involves the development and oversight of legislative compliance for service to ensure a safe community for the citizens of Waterloo. In this role you will have the ability to make a direct impact on those who live-in, work-in, learn-in and visit the City of Waterloo.
It is an exciting time to be in Waterloo, with its post-secondary, technology and finance economies continuing to thrive (one of the fastest growing communities in the country). With Waterloo’s outstanding location, you are never far from great entertainment, recreation, and dynamic cultural experiences. This is an excellent opportunity to enhance the quality of life for all citizens and participate in continuing to make the City of Waterloo a city that leads!
- Assume a leadership role in department planning and master plans; active participation in corporate strategic planning delivery
- In striving to deliver excellent citizen focused service, you will work to align the operations functions with the city’s strategic plan. Leading the operation, maintenance and administration of the department, you will foster a safe work environment and look to provide the best services for residents, businesses and visitors of the City of Waterloo
- Foster community and government partnerships as a representative of the City
- Ensure effective and efficient planning, design, evaluation and delivery of services
- Ensure long term fiscal stability and financial sustainability to support the development and delivery of efficient, effective service delivery and administration
- Monitor, review and assess the effectiveness of internal resources and processes that are essential to support the front-line delivery of services provided to the community by other City Departments
- Foster an inclusive and equity based employee culture based on sound management principles that values service to our citizens and public engagement, workplace safety, continuous improvement and regular six sigma service reviews, learning and performance improvement
- Having experience working within a large and diverse workforce, you will advocate for importance of clear and consistent communication as the department drives towards common goals. As a leader who finds joy in bringing people together, you will have the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external team members and collaborators
- Assist the CAO in general management of the Corporation and the strategic plan including policy and corporate projects
- Build strategic relationships with key community partners, liaise with business partners and maintain strong working relationships with members of Council
- 8-10 years of progressive leadership experience including 5 years of senior leadership experience in a municipal or related work environment
- A university degree, complemented by senior level experience in a relevant capacity (equivalent combinations of experience and education will be considered)
- Professional designation in a related field of the assigned portfolio would be considered an asset
- Superior leadership and communication skills in building strategic partnerships and working relationships
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume through the online application process. For more details and to apply on-line, please visit the employment page of our website at: www.waterloo.ca/careers
Be You @ Waterloo
At the City of Waterloo, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. All interested and qualified candidates, including Indigenous persons, Black persons, non-Black racialized persons/persons of colour, women, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ+ and those interested in joining our team are encouraged to apply.
The City of Waterloo is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace that is welcoming, inclusive, and barrier-free. Accommodations in accordance with the Human Rights Code and other applicable legislation are available throughout all stages of the recruitment process. For accommodation during the application process, applicants are requested to make their needs known via email at email@example.com, quoting the position and competition number. Applicants advanced through to subsequent stages of the recruitment process will be provided with additional opportunities to make their needs known.
We’ve Got You Covered
The City of Waterloo strives to be an employer of choice for strong talent dedicated to serving our community, and offer the following:
- Flexible work schedules to support and nurture work-life balance;
- Competitive wages and a fulsome employer paid benefits package, including paid sick leave, long-term disability, OMERS pension and an Employee and Family Assistance Program;
- A staff team dedicated to fostering and advancing action to support the organization’s ongoing commitment to Indigenous Initiatives, Anti-Racism, Accessibility and Equity;
- Substantial internal and external training and development opportunities;
- Compassionate and caring organization that promotes and embraces a culture of health, safety and wellness;
- Strong commitment to providing and maintaining a psychologically safe workplace that is respectful, inclusive, and where all individuals are valued;
- Paid vacation and personal days, and paid float holiday(s);
- Employee Purchase Programs (Corporate Cell Phone plans, Computer Purchase Plan, etc.);
- Dress-down Fridays, and optional Wednesdays in partnership with the United Way fundraising campaign;
- City of Waterloo Staff Recreation Pass;
- Anniversary milestone gifts, starting at 5 years of service for regular part-time and full-time staff; and more!
Job Posting Deadline: July 28, 2022 at 4:00 pm