Privacy Analyst - District of West Vancouver
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Squamish, Tsleil-Waututh and Musqueam Nations, West Vancouver is a vibrant community on the North Shore and home to parks, beaches, and to sports, recreation and arts amenities. Our dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs that enhance the well-being of our community. We are seeking employees with a passion for public service who share our commitment to creating a complete, inclusive and livable community.
The District of West Vancouver Legislative Services Division has an immediate opening for a permanent, full-time Privacy Analyst to:
- Develop and implement a corporate privacy program;
- Collaborate with staff in other divisions to conduct privacy impact assessments and create information sharing agreements;
- Investigate and report on privacy incidents and compliance issues;
- Correspond with the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner;
- Develop privacy remediation strategies, including appropriate messaging and training;
- Develop a proactive disclosure/routine release program; and
- Update website and intranet with pertinent privacy information.
In addition, this position may be required to assist with the following duties:
- Receiving, logging, tracking, processing, and managing Freedom of Information (FIPPA) requests while maintaining associated files & records;
- Corresponding with FIPPA applicants and third parties ;
- Reviewing, analyzing, and redacting records to ensure legislative compliance;
- Other assigned duties as required.
The successful candidate will possess a post-secondary diploma or greater degree in a related field, supplemented by certifications in privacy or FIPPA plus related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience. The successful candidate will also possess the ability to: perform detailed work accurately and efficiently; meet strict deadlines; interact tactfully and effectively with the public; maintain effective working relation ships; communicate in a clear and concise manner; work well within a team; maintain complex records; and perform diversified tasks with minimal supervision.
The preferred candidate will possess considerable knowledge of both privacy and FIPPA, including applicable legislation, rules, regulations, and best practices. Extensive experience and/or training in Microsoft Office is considered an asset.
The successful candidate is required to supply a police information check and a copy of their credentials. All District of West Vancouver employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of hire.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the class specification which is available for inspection in the Human Resources Department and on WestNet.
Exempt – Permanent, Full-Time
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
11:59 p.m. on July 6, 2022
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position. Please note that all candidates must apply through the Career Centre; we are no longer accepting resumes via email or hard copy.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted