Recreation Coordinator - Children & Youth - City of Penticton
Recreation Coordinator - Children & Youth
Employment Type: Full-time Temporary
Location: Penticton, BC, CA
Apply URL: https://penticton.prevueaps.ca/jobs/16954.html
The City of Penticton's Recreation & Culture Department is in search of a highly motivated and progressive individual for the full-time temporary (12 months) position of Recreation Coordinator, Children & Youth.
Reporting to the Manager of Recreation, Arts & Culture, the Recreation Coordinator, Children & Youth will be part of the Recreation & Culture team responsible for the planning and delivery of recreation, sport, events and active living opportunities. Working for the City of Penticton means we raise families where others come for their vacation. Our home offers the best beaches, cycling trails, parks, recreation facilities and mountain escaped, not to mention all the shopping and amenities a vibrant community needs.
Why join us? You are looking for a career that makes a difference. We champion an innovative, thriving, sustainable community through visionary leadership, partnerships and service excellence.
- Coordinates program areas as assigned.
- Provides required program promotion information for assigned areas of responsibility for Recreation Guide, news releases, radio announcements, posters, social media, etc.
- Utilizes and updates programs and services in Recreation software as applicable.
- Ongoing monitoring, evaluation and development of programs and services which ensure efficiencies and fiscal responsibility.
- Coordinates the supplies, equipment and facilities as required for various recreation programs and services.
- Assists in preparing program budgets for review and approval; monitors approved budget expenditures; compiles program and facility statistics and prepares reports and correspondence.
- Solicits and initiates partnerships, co-sponsorships and advertising opportunities.
- Coordination of Bugaboo University Program.
- Coordination of Preschool, Children and Youth Programs.
- Minimum of a 2-year diploma in Recreation/Leisure Services or a related discipline at a recognized institution.
- A minimum four years' experience in recreation programming; must include experience developing, planning, implementing and coordinating a variety of children/youth recreation programs and events.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, and objectives of community recreation with particular emphasis on children/youth recreation programs and events.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Valid BC Driver's License, CLASS 5.
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational and children/youth recreation program/event planning skills.
- Ability to supervise, organize and lead diverse recreation programs and work with minimal direction.
- Necessary knowledge of the philosophy and objectives of volunteers and organized recreation.
- Necessary knowledge of the methods, procedures, techniques and equipment used in teaching, instructing, organizing and leading a wide variety of activities.
- Ability to prepare program budgets, monitor expenditures and conduct programs within budget allocations and to evaluate, prepare statistics and compile reports on programs and events.
- Ability to take initiative, exercise good judgement and to work independently in the development, coordination and implementation of programs and services.
- Recreation software experience and competency in various computer programs (PerfectMind, Microsoft Office Suite 2010).
- Marketing and project administration would be an asset.
If you are seeking an exciting opportunity and possess the above mentioned qualifications, we would love to hear from you! We welcome your cover letter and resume by July 6, 2022.
Full-Time Temporary (12 month assignment) (35 hours per week)
$30.07 - $33.41 per hour (Pay Grade 8, CUPE)
Additional 14.75% in lieu of benefits, vacation, and statutory holidays
Apply at https://penticton.prevueaps.ca/jobs/16954.html