Receptionist - Switchboard Operator - City of Maple Ridge
City of Maple Ridge
Receptionist - Switchboard Operator
Status: Auxiliary CUPE
Department: Police Services
Salary: $23.77 – $27.90 per hour
Closing: August 7, 2022
Come grow with The City of Maple Ridge! Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication and customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
Handling calls and inquiries over the telephone or the counter accurately and in a timely manner. Discretion is exercised in giving information over the telephone or at the reception counter. The individual should have experience in dealing with the public in order to promote the positive image required from this position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of the 12th school grade including or supplemented by commercial and keyboarding courses. Training or experience in dealing with the public; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Sound knowledge of the practices and procedures used in the operation of a multi-line telephone system and a personal computer.
- Sound knowledge of modern office practices and procedures, and of business English, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to deal courteously and tactfully with the public and municipal personnel, and to provide a variety of routine information to same.
- Ability to compose routine letters and memoranda.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform routine clerical and moderately complex typing tasks.
- Ability to maintain sustained attention to detail.
- Skill in typing accurately and rapidly.
Ability to obtain and maintain an RCMP Security Clearance.
HOURS OF WORK:
Hours of work are governed by Schedule “B” (M) - based on Article 12.01 which may, at the discretion of the Commanding officer of the RCMP or his/her duly appointed representative, work any seven (7) hours between the hours of 7:00 am and 12:00 midnight, Monday to Sunday, inclusive, with shift differential as per Article 14.10. When shifts are changed, or positions hired, employees in the positions will be given shift preference on the basis of seniority. T
This is an auxiliary position with no ongoing schedule of hours.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
The City of Maple Ridge is a great place to work with competitive compensation packages that include the Municipal Pension Plan, a strong employee wellness program and the opportunity for professional career growth and professional development. If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.