Recreation Facility Clerk - City of White Rock
Recreation Facility Clerk
Casual (0 to 35 hours/week)
The City of White Rock is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to promoting and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We know that our greatest strengths come from the people who make up our teams and a more vibrant community starts with you!. The City is a boutique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and strong sense of community.
The Recreation and Culture Department seeks a customer-oriented and self-motivated individual to join their department in the Recreation Facility Clerk role on a Casual basis. This position processes recreation program registrations and facility bookings, sets up reoccurring programs, and monitors program enrollment. Other clerking duties include preparing and maintaining office records, including correspondence, reports, minutes, flyers, and statistics, opening and closing facilities, directing the work of volunteers, and performing a variety of payment processing transactions. As a front line staff member, your exemplary customer care skills will be demonstrated in supplying information, assistance, and direction to the public and other groups and handling inquiries regarding rules, programs, and regulations. Days, evening and weekend work are required as part of the working hours of this position.
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by word processing and administrative courses, preferably Microsoft Office Suite training, plus sound related experience performing clerical duties in an office environment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Sound knowledge of departmental policies, practices, rules, and regulations related to the work;
- Sound knowledge of computer systems and software applications related to the job duties, and the ability to operate a variety of office equipment;
- Sound knowledge of cash register, cash handling procedures and practices, business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic;
- Proficiency in the use of computer software, including Microsoft Office and facility booking software (CLASS or PerfectMind);
- Ability to perform clerical duties with accuracy and detail and prepare and maintain a variety of records, files, and reports related to the work;
- Proven record in developing and maintaining positive relationships with both internal and external clients, reflecting a strong commitment to customer service; understanding user group needs;
- Ability to provide a variety of factual information and related services in a professional manner;
- Ability to exercise initiative in making decisions in accordance to applicable rules and policies;
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively with others and to make a positive contribution to a team environment;
- Ability to set up and remove equipment and furniture.
The City is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to promoting and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We know that our greatest strengths come from the people who make up our teams and a more vibrant community starts with you! In return for your valued contributions, you can expect a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to work with an outstanding team. The hourly wage of this union position is $25.35 - $29.70 (2021 rates) with 11% in lieu of benefits. If you are a qualified applicant and you feel you can help us continuously push for excellence and are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment we invite you to apply. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume by the application deadline.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Submit your application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/jobs
Recruitment Reference: 2022-35
Thank you for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted