Police Services Crime Reviewer - City of Langford
City of Langford
POLICE SERVICES CRIME REVIEWER
$35.60 per hour
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, award winning local government organization? A team that prides itself on providing cost effective local government services for local residents? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford invites you to apply for casual employment at the Royal Canadian Mounted Police West Shore Detachment in the position of Casual Crime Reviewer.
As part of our Crime Reviewer team, you will provide high-level administrative, operational, and technical support for the General Duty Police Watch, including advising regular members on policy and investigative techniques. You will conduct quality assurance audits on all investigative files, process the non- investigation portions of General Duty files, review correspondence, and analyze Policy Operational reports to ensure compliance and quality.
To be qualified for this position, you have a law enforcement background and previous RCMP investigative experience. This is an excellent opportunity for a retired police officer! You have strong analysis skills and the ability to process information with a high level of accuracy, discretion, and attention to detail. You are a team player, with strong interpersonal and communication skills and an interest in coaching others.
Other qualifications for this position include:
- Five (5) years operational experience in police investigation work, preferably in E Division (or an equivalent combination of education and field experience)
- Ability to obtain and maintain an RCMP Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance is required
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with RCMP national data systems, including but not limited to PIRS, CPIC, OSR, CIIDS and PRIME
- Working knowledge of RCMP reporting requirements/Informants/Search and Seizure policies
- Thorough knowledge of the RCMP and the West Shore Detachments’ operation, policies and procedures
Hours of work will be no more than three days a week, Monday to Sunday. The wage for the position is $35.60 per hour plus 13% in lieu of benefits. This is a CUPE Local 50 position.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail). This posting will remain open for applications until the position has been filled.
The City of Langford has implemented a Mandatory Vaccination Policy due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. All new hires are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.