Finance Clerk, Ambulance and Accounts Payable - City of Leduc
Finance Clerk, Ambulance and Accounts Payable
Permanent, Full-Time – 35 hours per week
$53,162.20 - $66,393.60 / annum
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect, and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time Finance Clerk, Ambulance and Accounts Payable for our Finance department.
About this Opportunity:
The Finance Clerk, Ambulance and Accounts Payable reports directly to the Lead, Accounting Services. This position is responsible for ambulance invoicing, collections and reconciliations. This position also provides support to the Finance Clerk, Accounts Payable and provides back up relief for the front counter and the Finance Clerk, Accounts Receivable.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Generate invoices accurately and in a timely manner to ambulance customers to ensure cash flow
- Review Electronic Patient Care Reports (ePCR’s) for accuracy and missing information
- Receive, process and distribute for payment all invoices and requisitions for goods and services
- Provide front counter backup for lunch breaks, vacations, EDOs, sick days or at other times when needed
- Generate invoices to City customers in a timely and efficient manner
- Run month end reports and subledger balancing for ambulance billings
You are an ideal candidate if you have the following:
- Grade 12 diploma with specialized accounting certificate or diploma from a recognized post- secondary educational institution
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a fast-paced accounting environment
- Previous job-related experience with accounts receivable, accounts payable, cashier experience and the ability to multi-task
- Experience using computerized financial software (preferably Great Plains and/or IntelliLeisure)
- Municipal Government Experience would be an asset
- Must be willing to provide a current Criminal Records Check at own expense
- Must be fully immunized against COVID-19 and be willing to provide proof of immunization or provide written approved exemption based on a protected ground under the Alberta Human Rights Act
To apply, please visit our website at www. leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 10:00 pm (MT) on July 8, 2022. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be selected.