General Manager of Corporate Services - Beaver County
General Manager of Corporate Services
THE COMMUNITY: Beaver County is located in central Alberta, just a leisurely drive 30 minutes east of Edmonton. The County starts in the Beaver Hills/Cooking Lake Moraine and extends east for approximately 120 kms.
Home to the Towns of Tofield and Viking, the Villages of Ryley and Holden, and the Hamlets of Bruce and Kinsella – our community offers a quality lifestyle with a unique blend of country and urban living. Beaver County is served by two major transportation routes, Highway 14 and 36, is home to two business parks and two campgrounds.
A diversified tax base, ranging from acreage development on the west, to mixed farming in the center and east, and oil and gas development in the east, has played an important role in keeping Beaver County a viable community.
Beaver County is served by a progressive Council of five and is well known for their ability to work as a team.
Beaver County recently underwent a Corporate Governance Review (October, 2021) and a re-structuring is underway. The full report is available at https://www.beaver.ab.ca/.
This is an ideal opportunity for an individual looking to advance their career.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Reporting directly to the Chief Administrative Officer, the General Manager of Corporate Services will provide advice and recommendations to the CAO and Council as well as providing professional leadership and direction to the entire organization on all financial matters, taxation and assessment, risk management and insurance, and asset management as a minimum.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- University graduate in business administration, commerce or related field. Relevant experience will be considered.
- A minimum of five years in a senior position within a municipal or business environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in strong leadership and team building skills in a progressive and dynamic municipal/business environment.
- Recognized as a leader of change, adaptation and collaboration in an organization supporting and servicing a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Practical knowledge and experience in computer systems for business applications (preferable a working knowledge of Serenic Software and/or Questica).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
The General Manager of Corporate Services will have a progressive and energized leadership record demonstrating positive relationships with all County departments and relevant stakeholders. He/she will feel comfortable as a senior manager or as a “hands-on” team participant. Among other attributes, the following will be important:
- Leadership skills – Demonstrates a visionary leadership style while giving guidance and support to the entire organization. A mentor and positive role model combined with a practical and common-sense approach. Builds a pro-active team and delegates to them. Is appreciative, engaging, understanding and knowledgeable on rural as well as urban issues and concerns. Identifies opportunities, inspires action, and achieves results. Identifies and evaluates unique ways to improve the organization.
- Communication – An open, honest and straightforward style with all audiences, demonstrates candor and respect to all and is prepared to delegate responsibility and accountability. Communicates in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in formal presentations. Keeps the CAO fully informed at all times.
- Strategic & Business Planning – Provides executive leadership to all corporate initiatives and ensures accountability for achievement of results. Planning for financial sustainability for the long term viability of Beaver County will be a priority.
- Interpersonal Skills – Able to effectively build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders. Patient and resilient while embracing challenges and changes. Is flexible and adaptable, works comfortably with individuals, teams, and committees. Has a positive outlook and a sense of humour. Possesses well-developed negotiations skills with the ability to resolve conflict and facilitate negotiations with tact and diplomacy.
- Integrity & Trust – Possesses impeccable integrity and ethics. Respectful of others and respected by peers. Is honest, sincere, dependable, authentic and trustworthy. Committed to the County’s values, vision and mission. Is committed to personal growth and development for self and others.
- Management Skills – Demonstrates a progressive management style, engages staff to bring forth new ideas and new approaches to solve challenges more effectively. Creates an integrated work team.
- Customer Service – Instills and demands a high level of customer service (internal and external) and ensures customer needs are identified and addressed.
- Financial Management – Timely and efficient in all budgeting, financial and information reporting. Implements long-term financial sustainability plans for the County. While this position encompasses the role of Chief Financial Officer, the expectation is for the General Manager to play a larger role within the organization and be a team leader.
- A Professional – Acts as an integral part of the leadership team with high ethical standards and an honest, open-minded and consistent approach to working with all staff and citizens.
- Self Confidence – Possesses confidence in own skills and abilities, is able to make difficult decisions in a timely manner and stands by them. Demonstrates a positive attitude. Evaluates alternatives and assesses advantages as well as risks.
- Planning & Organizing – Can marshal resources to get things done while using resources effectively and efficiently. Sets clear expectations, designs practical processes and procedures while ensuring accountability.
- Possesses strong political acumen skills. Knows and understands legislative and regulatory processes and has an intuitive ability to read the political implications of recommendations and actions.
A competitive compensation package will be provided including an attractive base salary and excellent benefits. Further details will be provided at the appropriate time.
FOR INFORMAION PLEASE CONTACT:
Douglas B. Lagore, CLGM
The closing date for this competition is July 15th, 2022. Please be advised that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resumes to email@example.com