Materials Supervisor - District of North Vancouver
Home to vast parkland and attractions including Grouse Mountain, Lynn Canyon and Capilano Suspension Bridge, the District of North Vancouver is inspired by nature, and enriched by people. Designated one of BC’s Top Employers for 4 years, the District offers exciting professional development opportunities and a competitive total compensation package including a nine day fortnight and remote work options. This is an exciting time to join the District, as we embark on a range of initiatives to transform digital service delivery, customer experience, and our approach to climate action. Known for being a flexible, family-friendly employer with an inclusive workplace culture, the District of North Vancouver offers an exceptional workplace culture. If you are civic-minded and interested in making an impact on people and businesses on the beautiful North Shore, consider working for the District of North Vancouver.
This is storekeeping and purchasing work in directing warehouse operations, maintaining appropriate inventory stocking levels, processing requisitions, maintaining computerized records, generating related reports and preparing quotation requests. The work includes supervising the work of one or more subordinates engaged in clerical and manual storekeeping duties, ensuring security of all inventory and establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts. The incumbent exercises considerable independence of judgement and action, with clearly defined limits, referring the more complex or policy matters to a superior who reviews work performance in terms of effective services rendered. You will maintain Material Safety Data Sheets in compliance with WHMIS regulations and operate a forklift to move, store and retrieve various items as required.
The successful applicant will have:
- considerable knowledge of the fundamentals of purchasing policies, practices and procedures used in procuring a variety of materials, supplies, services and equipment.
- considerable knowledge of the warehousing and storekeeping policies, practices and procedures used in receiving, issuing and storing a variety of materials, supplies, services and equipment.
- the ability to supervise, plan, assign and check the work of one or more subordinates.
- considerable knowledge of WHMIS regulations governing the work performed.
- sound knowledge of the sources, types, quantities and prices of goods and services required by the District.
- the ability to plan and direct the operations of a small storekeeping section.
- the ability to use software applications related to work.
- the ability to operate a forklift in a safe and efficient manner.
Qualifications: Completion of twelfth school grade supplemented by courses in purchasing, logistics and inventory management plus sound related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Work toward or achievement of a SCMP, CPIM, CSCP or SMT certification highly desirable.
Preference will be given to candidates with working knowledge of an ERP system, MS Word and Excel. A valid BC Driver's License and an Industrial Lift Truck Operator Certificate are both required.
The pay range for this unionized position is $34.96 to $41.16 per hour based on a 40-hour work week. If you have a passion to serve people and the community, and a demonstrated commitment to supporting a healthy and safe workplace, we would like to hear from you. Please apply online with your cover letter and resume at https://careers.dnv.org by July 10, 2022 to be considered for this competition.
We respectfully acknowledge the Coast Salish peoples, specifically the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), on whose ancestral lands the District of North Vancouver is located.
We thank you for your interest in employment with the District of North Vancouver and advise that only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.