Human Resources Assistant - City of Port Coquitlam
City of Port Coquitlam
Human Resources Assistant
Full Time, Time Stated
Approximately 3 Months
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam!
Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award-winning values-based organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
Do you have a knack for connecting with people and enjoy the variety and challenge of a dynamic, fast-paced work- environment? Are you a self-starter who does your best work when the pressure is on? Do you have a background in HR? If so then read on!
We are looking for a positive, energetic and knowledgeable individual who thrives on administrative work to join our strongly collaborative, non-hierarchal HR team. In this role, you will provide exceptional customer service to both our internal and external clients by ensuring the smooth operation of the department.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- You exude, positive energy and believe that anything is possible;
- You have exceptional customer service skills;
- You are a highly organized analytical thinker;
- You are a driven, self-starter who prefers to be lightly supervised;
- You have strong computer skills;
- You have 3+ year’s administrative experience;
- You have completed post-secondary courses and are either close to or have completed a certificate, diploma or degree in human resources, business administration or another related program;
- You have experience working in a unionized, public sector environment; and
- You are self-aware, aren’t afraid to laugh at yourself and have a love of chocolate.
Why should you consider working for us?
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves;
- We have a positive attitude about the work we perform;
- We care deeply about our community;
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact; and
- We have a strong learning culture and want our people to grow and succeed.
This temporary full-time position is perfect for either an HR student or someone just starting out in their career who is looking to get some experience in the Municipal world. If we’ve sparked your interest and you believe you are someone who will thrive in this environment, convince us by applying on-line at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number #22-068e. But don’t wait too long as this opportunity closes on July 3, 2022!
The City of Port Coquitlam is committed to the health, safety and well-being of employees. All new employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an accepted exemption under the BC Human Rights Code.
Thanks to everyone who applies, we really do appreciate it! As we get thousands of applicants every year, we can’t reply to everyone but rest assured, if you wow us, we’ll be connecting with you to explore joining our amazing team.