Business Analyst - BC Public Service
Ministry of Forests
$56,032.51 - $63,565.27 annually
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) manages about 20 per cent of the province’s allowable annual cut for Crown timber, generating economic prosperity for British Columbians through the safe, sustainable development and auction of Crown timber.
BCTS also supports government’s commitment to true, lasting reconciliation with First Nations in BC as we move toward fully adopting and implementing the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples and the Calls to Action of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.
The Business Analyst is an accounting specialist for the Business Areas (BAs) who is responsible for providing financial and performance frameworks for business operations and for reporting on business plan results for a financially complex program with unique cost accounting requirement. The Business Analysts assesses operational alternatives, provides financial advice to support accounting and operational decisions and facilitates business improvement reviews to minimize costs and increase productivity.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Post-secondary education in accounting, business or finance, equivalent to two years of a recognized professional program to meet position requirements.
- Minimum five years of directly related experience. Related experience means:
- The application of government finance and administration policies and processes, legislative acts and regulations, reporting, systems, and controls including managing financial operations and managing financial policy.
- Developing and integrating business plans and operational budgets, conducting financial forecasts and analysis in support of budget evaluation processes.
- Preparing and analyzing financial statements, transactions, and reporting to provide accurate and timely financial management.
- Proficiency in developing and implementing tracking and monitoring systems; generating financial spreadsheets, working documents and reports.
- Analyzing trends, cost/benefit, and historic performance.
An equivalent combination of education and experience such as seven or more years of related experience in finance, budgeting, and accounting.
For more information, and to apply online by July 5, 2022, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/88832