Election Officials - District of West Vancouver
2022 West Vancouver General Local Election
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations, West Vancouver is a vibrant community on the North Shore and home to parks, beaches, and to sports, recreation and arts amenities. Our dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs that enhance the well-being of our community. We are seeking employees with a passion for public service who share our commitment to creating a complete, inclusive and livable community.
The District of West Vancouver is currently looking for Election Officials for general voting day for the General Local Election on Saturday, October 15, 2022.
Election Officials assist and support the administration of voting at an assigned voting place on general voting day. Election Officials work in teams of two, report to the Presiding Election Official and Alternate Presiding Election Official for their voting place and ensure voters participate efficiently in the voting process.
This position will be responsible for:
- Setting up the voting place and their stations including laptops, voting booths and posting signs and notices.
- Verifying voter’s name on the electronic voters list, making changes to existing registration, registering new voters and verifying identification.
- Explaining the voting process and issuing ballots.
- Assisting voters as may be required.
- Assisting with the packing of equipment and supplies and the closing of the voting place.
Election Officials must:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Be legally entitled to work in British Columbia.
- Be responsible for their own transportation to and from their voting place.
- Attend a mandatory training session.
- Not be related to any candidate running for office in the general election.
- Not be actively working for any election campaign or any candidate.
The successful candidate will possess: excellent verbal and written communication skills; proficient computer skills, ability to interact with voters and clearly communicate election procedures; ability to understand and follow written instructions and checklists; excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; knowledge of and experience with the election process and the election provisions of the Local Government Act will be considered an asset. The successful candidate is also required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of hire.
Position Status: Casual, Non-Union
Hours of Work: Approximately 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. or until duties are fulfilled on General Voting Day and 3 hour mandatory training session on a date scheduled during the weeks of September 12 and September 19, 2022
Rate of Pay: $320.00 for general voting day plus a $50 training fee
Closing Date: 11:59 p.m. on August 3, 2022
To Apply: Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted