Restorative Justice Facilitator - City of Burnaby
Restorative Justice FacilitatorCompetition No.:
$29.70 per hour + 12% in lieu of benefits (2021 Rate)
1/27/22 3:44 PM
The goal of the City of Burnaby and its employees is to consistently deliver first class service and services to our community. With this in mind, we hire people who share the same passion, those with the drive and determination to grow with and contribute to our already exceptional team. People like you!
We are looking for Restorative Justice Facilitators to join our team at the Burnaby RCMP detachment and support the delivery of the Youth Services Restorative Justice Program (YSRJP). The YSRJP is part of the Youth Services unit, a prevention and intervention-based program for youth and children 9 to 17 years of age, and some adults who are at risk of or who are in conflict with police and the community.
You will be facilitating circles in community spaces and schools throughout the District, working directly with groups and individuals in conflict to help them come to a collaborative and consensual resolution through the facilitation of a restorative process. This may include:
- assessing the suitability of all participants and preparing them for the process
- organizing, designing, and facilitating the chosen restorative process
- facilitating prevention circles in schools and building relationships with school district staff and students
- monitoring any formal outcomes and all file follow up
- developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with program stakeholders and other youth serving organizations
- making referrals to other appropriate services (youth and families)
- maintaining and recording all relevant file notes and program reports
Hours and shifts are dependent on operational requirements and are scheduled by the department on an as-needed basis. Typical shifts will be during school hours, Monday through Friday, and may require occasional evenings or weekends.
This opportunity will be posted until filled.
All external applicants are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire. External applicants who are not able to obtain a COVID-19 vaccine for a reason related to a personal characteristic protected by the BC Human Rights Code can request an accommodation at any time during the recruitment process. City of Burnaby employees can refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for City staff.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted
Apply to this position
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Visit us at www.burnaby.ca