Labourer 1 - Signs & Markings - City of Burnaby
Labourer 1 - Signs & MarkingsCompetition No.:
$29.40 + 12% in lieu of benefits (2021 Rates)
5/12/22 3:48 PM
The goal of the City of Burnaby and its employees is to consistently deliver first class service and services to our community. With this in mind, we hire people who share the same passion, those with the drive and determination to grow with and contribute to our already exceptional team. People like you!
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Signs & Markings division of the Engineering Department as an auxiliary Labourer. Duties of Labourers working in our Signs & Road Markings division include, but are not restricted to:
- Maintenance of roadway traffic signs , including removal, repositioning, fastening, and installation
- Installation and maintenance of roadway traffic markings, including paint, adhesive, thermoplastic, and torch down
- Traffic control work in construction sites and for emergency closures
- Vegetation control and/or rough landscaping, digging holes for the installation of street signs and posts; breaking concrete and asphalt with steel bar or jackhammer; backfilling holes with dirt or cement.
- Operating a variety of City vehicles used in transporting equipment, parts, materials, supplies, tools to job sites, loading and unloading material, supplies and equipment.
- Performs other related work as required
The position is seasonal from April to September with the possibility of extension and will require the flexibility to work a variety of shifts weekly depending on the weather and our own operational scheduling requirements. This may include an incumbent scheduled for extended hours (with the possibility of overtime). Shifts may be scheduled by the department seven days a week as either day shifts, afternoon shifts, over night shifts (graveyard), and also late into the evenings and on weekends as required.
Please apply online at www.burnaby.ca/careers. This posting will remain open until all positions are filled – first consideration given to those who apply by March 3, 2022.
All external applicants are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire. External applicants who are not able to obtain a COVID-19 vaccine for a reason related to a personal characteristic protected by the BC Human Rights Code can request an accommodation at any time during the recruitment process. City of Burnaby employees can refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for City staff.
Please contact People and Culture at 604-294-7303 if you do not receive a confirmation email within one hour of submitting your application online.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted
Apply to this position
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Visit us at www.burnaby.ca