Canada Summer Jobs Program: Human Resources Assistant - Metis Nation British Columbia
Métis Nation British Columbia
Canada Summer Jobs Program: Human Resources Assistant
POSITION: TEMPORARY FULL-TIME (37.5 hours per week)- UNTIL August 31,2022
LOCATION: Provincial Office – Station Tower (13401 – 108th Avenue, Surrey)
CLOSES: Posting will remain open until filled and will close without notice
ABOUT MÉTIS NATION BRITISH COLUMBIA
Métis Nation British Columbia (MNBC) develops and enhances opportunities for our Métis communities by implementing culturally relevant social and economic programs and services. Through teamwork, respect, dedication, accountability, integrity, and professionalism, MNBC strives to build a proud, self-governing, sustainable Nation in recognition of inherent rights for our Métis citizens, assisting in the delivery of services based on policy, process, and specified regulations.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are seeking a highly motivated, committed, and reliable Youth from 15 to 30 years of age to assist Human Resources at MNBC. Hours worked per week are fixed from Monday to Friday 8:30am-4:30pm. Employment ends on August 31,2022 as per Canada Summer Jobs Program.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Human Resources, the purpose of the– Human Resources Assistant (Canada Summer Jobs Program) will be to provide administrative support to the department.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide general administrative support including mailing, scanning, faxing & photocopying, and responding to inquiries and emails.
- Assist with advertisement, recruitment, and coordination of virtual and in-person events and training.
- Participate in online event planning and organizing
- Perform data entry on various projects
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- Provide support to other MNBC departments where needed
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Currently enrolled in or have recently graduated within the last 6 months from a recognized undergraduate or graduate program in a subject related to Human Resources
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to utilize, adapt and embrace new technologies, including Word, Excel and other database/software
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Experience working in an office and team environment, an asset
- As per Canada Summer Jobs criteria, candidates must be.
- between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at start of employment
- a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or a person on whom refugee protection has conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- legally entitled to work according to BC legislation and regulation.
- Must be able to work full-time
- Ability to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
The above requirements are what MNBC is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change based on needs.
Pursuant to section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants who self- identify as Aboriginal (First Nation, Métis or Inuit). All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CANDIDATES MUST APPLY BY Using “Canada Summer Jobs Program-Human Resources Assistant” in the subject line of your email, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Vanessa Masters, CPHR CPM SHRM-SCP
Senior Director of Human Resources
Métis Nation British Columbia