Director, Planning and Economic Development - City of Leduc
Director, Planning and Economic Development
Permanent, full-time – 35 hours per week
$125,343.40 - $156,556.40 / annum
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect, and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent full-time Director of Planning and Economic Development for the Infrastructure and Planning department.
About this opportunity:
The Director of Planning and Economic reports to the General Manager of Infrastructure and Planning. This position oversees and directs the operations of the Department which includes Planning and Development, Safety Code Services and Economic Development for the City of Leduc. The Director will promote a high level of customer service, while supporting collaboration and creativity between the planning, building, and economic development functions, and ensuring effective working relations with other City departments, Council, business owners, building industry, the residents, and other stakeholders for the present and foreseeable future. This position will provide leadership in all aspects of delivering the Department’s services, including coaching and mentoring, while guiding the Department to define and execute a strategic vision.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage the design, resourcing, and implementation of planning, development, and business development projects
- Conduct budgeting and forecasting for the department
- Review and present subdivision and development applications for Council approval Liaise and resolve planning, development, building, and economic development issues with Council, business owners, the building community, and the residents
- Advance development and subdivision applications in a timely manner and in accordance with the Municipal Government Act (MGA).
- Responsible to make the final decision on whether a planning application is referred to the Edmonton Metropolitan Region Board (EMRB) under the Regulation
- Encourage a high level of understanding, participation, and acceptance by the community in planning and economic development matters
- Through the review and enhancement of permitting processes, residents are satisfied that their development interests are heard by the City and acted on in a timely manner.
You are an ideal candidate if you have the following:
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university in the fields of engineering, geography, economy environmental science, Architecture, etc
- Member or eligibility to be a member of the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP)
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience
- Experience in economic development would be considered an asset
- Must be willing to provide a current Criminal Records Check at own expense
- Must be fully immunized against COVID-19 and be willing to provide proof of immunization or provide written approved exemption based on a protected ground under the Alberta Human Rights Act
To apply, please visit our website at www. leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 10:00 pm (MT) on May 25, 2022. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be selected.