UX Designer (Design Analyst 3) - City of Surrey
City of Surrey
UX Designer (Design Analyst 3)
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can help make a difference in a city of vibrant communities? This is an incredible opportunity to work for a multiple award-winning organization and to contribute to the exciting evolution of the City of Surrey!
Reporting to the Digital Services Manager the UX Designer (Design Analyst 3) will be responsible for designing innovative, mobile friendly and responsive web applications. Bringing your digital skills to our Digital Services team you will help the City deliver better services to our citizens, staff, and business partners using the tools and practices of the digital age.
- Designs innovative, mobile friendly, and responsive digital products and services
- As a senior member of Design Team assists other UX Designers in design approach, plans and organizes work assignments and acts as a key resource to the team.
- Investigate, analyze and specify Web & Mobile Application User Experience (UX/UI) requirements to meet clients’ business needs.
- Engage in user research and usability testing to assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features of an online service.
- Perform user research, data analysis, and competitive research to interpret and makes design decision that are user experience (UX) focused.
- Create digital assets while also leveraging the opportunity to impact the overall service design of a product or service that is being designed.
- Work exceptionally well in a team setting to support a collaborative work environment.
- Completion of a degree in a related field from a recognized institution plus four years related experience or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have hands on experience with in designing innovative, mobile friendly, and responsive digital products and services using User Experience (UX) methodologies and approaches.
- Have experience with user experience (UX) design methods (examples Wireframing, prototyping, concept maps, mockups, user flows, user research, user testing).
- Have experience in working in a software development environment.
- Ability to communicate visual design to technical and business stakeholders effectively.
- Have experience working with UX prototype tools such as Axure, Illustrator, and Sketch.
This position requires completion of a Police Information Check. Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Posting is Open Until Filled