Pool Service Worker - Township of Langley
Be a part of something great!
Pool Service Worker
Competition #: 22-B005
Web Site: tol.ca
Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to over 150,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for auxiliary Pool Service Workers to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Facilities Department. Reporting to the Manager, Facilities, in this unionized position you will be responsible for a combination of operational, technical and building maintenance work performed at a variety of municipal aquatic facilities throughout the community.
- Perform janitorial and custodial tasks and ensure that pool facilities are maintained at an established level of cleanliness and sanitation
- Clean and vacuum pools, test/regulate water levels and ensure that water purity and cleanliness meet established standards
- Inspect, repair and maintain swimming pool equipment including pumps, valves, chlorinators, heating units, boilers, filters, chlorine tanks, pipes, meters and motors
- Perform a variety of semi-skilled building/equipment maintenance duties
- Perform related work as required
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by related technical training and sound experience in the operation and maintenance of pool and building equipment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Considerable knowledge of the materials, methods and equipment used in custodial work and facilities maintenance
- Considerable knowledge of the operating principles and procedures of water heating, boiling, filtration and chlorination equipment used in indoor/outdoor swimming pools
- Working knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems as it relates to the operation of pool facilities
- Ability to operate, maintain and make minor repairs to equipment
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a police information check as a condition of employment (not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
- BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s License or Driver Factor Report will not be accepted.
- Pool Operator’s Certificate – Level II
- Emergency First Aid and CPR Certification
External applicants are advised that it is a condition of employment with the Township that a successful candidate provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Note: proof is not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $25.82 - $30.33 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are non-standard hours and/or non-standard work weeks.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal/external closing date for this competition: November 25, 2022
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.