SAP Integration Analyst - City of Vancouver
SAP Integration AnalystRequisition ID: 31801
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada's Top 100 Employers, BC's Top Employers, and Canada's Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The primary purpose of this position is to investigate SAP application integration and Interface requirements; design, develop, document and support solutions; and apply knowledge of the best-of-breed processes and procedures in SAP business applications to recommend changes to business processes. This position is to be a leader of SAP integration and complex interfaces development projects through the preliminary investigation, analysis of requirements, business case and feasibility analysis, design, architecture, implementation, quality control, documentation, and post-implemenation review phases.This role will act as the Integration expert providing ongoing SAP Integration and interface support to the SAP Business Support team. Responsibilities may include performing changes to business application configuration and programs. This position has access to confidential information and makes recommendations for changes in methods, processes and procedures that may impact on financial and operational areas as well as staffing work loads, working conditions, changes in positions or staffing levels.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares documentation including project charters, system requirements definition, business cases, system reviews, training materials, system configuration documentation, etc.
- Participates in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of SAP Interfaces and or SAP applications’ configuration and programming to meet business and operational requirements
- Consults with customers to understand their requirements.
- Identify and prioritize enhancements to existing and new SAP interfaces and establish standards and patterns to align with City’s technology roadmap, and recommends the most suitable solution alternative to assist customers in meeting their operational requirements
- Gather functional and technical requirements and develop Interface design specifications including diagrams and charts to provide the blueprints for developers to write or code programs
- Manages projects through all phases from planning through to maintenance and support
- Recommends changes in methods, processes and procedures that may impact on financial and operational areas as well as staffing work loads, working conditions, changes in positions or staffing levels
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new tools and methodologies for development of SAP application integration. Build integration flows for SAP environments including on-prem and cloud scenarios
- Provide recommedations for SAP Integration architecture design by collaborating with Enterprise Architecture team, Integration team and external business partners for existing and new SAP technologies
- Manage SAP Integration projects through all phases from planning, execution to maintenance and support
- Reviews or develops test scripts and scenarios to ensure adequate testing of system configuration and integration
- Performs testing, configuration changes, enhancements and new functionality in order to ensure system integrity and proper integration across various applications
- Remains current with developments in SAP applications and related technologies, their trend and capabilities including releases and enhancements/new functionality
- Identifies opportunities to improve operational effectiveness through the use of technology and makes recommendations where appropriate (must be a Technical SME in analyzing the impact to the SAP environments)
- Delivers presentations to customers (users, departments), SAP Team and technical staff on SAP systems solutions and specific technologies
- Provides problem resolution for calls referred by Service Centre
- Investigates and follows up on SAP system errors/problems, and liaises with SAP Team members, SAO OSS, IT staff and others as required to resolve these issues
- Provides technical assistance SAP business applications upgrades and the implementation of other modules, including integration to other applications
- Develops and maintains Complex Technical configuration documentation
- Monitors SAP Interface performance, trouble shoots problems with technical specialists
- Participates in training of customers and provides on-going training support and guidance
- Participates in the development of new standards, and leads technical committees
- Has access to highly sensitive and business critical data from all City departments
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Related Post-secondary degree, with preference for graduate degree in Computer Science or Business Administration or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in developing and implementing SAP interfaces and delivering Integration in SAP Technology Platform
- Knowledge of current trends, standards, and products in Enterprise application Integration(i.e.: SAP PI/PO, SAP Cloud Integration Suite, Mule Soft, Dell Boomi)
- Hands-on experience in developing, deploying interfaces and integration in SAP Process Integration (PI) platform or Other Middleware technologies
- Thorough understanding of different Adapters (REST, JDBC, HTTP, IDoc, RFC, OData, File, XI, SOAP, WS and JMS) is required.
- SAP Netweaver Administration or related experience preferred – NetWeaver Administration, SAP system administration, installation, upgrade, configuration and advanced troubleshooting.
- SAP PI or SAP Cloud Integration Suite certification preferred
- SAP S4 HANA, SAP BTP Cloud, SAP CPI experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability in building complex interfaces to and from SAP Systems
- Demonstrated ability in producing consumable SOAP and RESTful web services including XML Schemas WSDLs, APIs
- Ability to act as an internal consultant: primarily to work with SAP business analysts and business process owners to make technical recommendations based on understanding of SAP business processes and data
- Ability to take full responsibility for the SAP Integration when the SAP Technical Team Lead is out of the office
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and response to requests in a timely manner
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts to provide information and assistance
- Knowledge of current trends in SAP related products and solutions (e.g. ECC, Fiori, S/4HANA, PI, CPI, BTP, Success Factors, and Business Intelligence).
- Extensive knowledge of municipal business processes would be an asset
- Demonstrated operational and project management skills: results focused, team oriented
- Broad knowledge across multiple aspects of the business (i.e., organizational structure, key players, current business processes and supporting systems and services, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of related corporate applications and work procedures
- Thorough knowledge of configuration of applications
- Thorough working knowledge of office productivity tools (e.g. Windows, MS Office, MS Project, Visio, etc.)
- Experience with Agile development and the use of tools such as Azure DevOps (Visual Studio Team Services) would be an asset
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Combination of strong technical and business skills required
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to communicate to all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage projects, multiple priorities and respond to requests in a timely manner
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally with technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to handle business critical and sensitive information
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities and respond to requests in a timely manner
- Continuous improvement and continuous learning mindset
- A Police Record Check or an Enhanced Police Record Check is a requirement of this position. A clearance requires the absence of any criminal charges or convictions related to this position.
Business Unit/Department: IT, Digital Strategy & 311 (1070)
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: February, 2022
Application Close: January 28, 2022
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process.Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Before you click Apply now
Once you start your application you can save your work and leave the applications page, however please remember to submit your profile to the specific job requisition before the posting closing date.
In addition to uploading your cover letter and resume, part of the application process may include answering application questions related to the preferred requirements of the role which may take approx.. 5-10mins. Cover letters should express interest and highlight additional information relevant to the position and resumes should include a tailored summary of skills and experience related to the position.