Office Support Clerk II (Internal Temp Pool) - City of Vancouver
Office Support Clerk II (Internal Temp Pool)Requisition ID: 35275
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada's Top 100 Employers, BC's Top Employers, and Canada's Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
We are currently accepting applications from qualified individuals available for on-call and temporary administrative positions that occur because of illness, vacation, or special workload needs at various City worksites. These on-call and temporary assignments vary in length. Duties may include word processing, data entry, customer service, cashiering, calendar management, and other administrative functions. Applicants must have a reasonable amount of availability, and must be willing to travel to sites such as Manitoba Yard and Kent Yard for assignments.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12 supplemented by business-related courses and computer courses; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience in an administrative role
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Experience with cashiering and customer service are an asset
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
- Strong keyboarding skills (min 40/wpm)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of SAP and mapping software is an asset
- Ability to learn and to adapt to new computer systems and technology
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to deal tactfully and effectively with the public and staff
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to varying assignments and to changing environments
All City of Vancouver employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire and ongoing employment. Candidates may only be exempted from this requirement if they request and are approved for an accommodation based a reason related to a Human Rights Code ground (such as disability). Such a request must be made during, not after, the recruitment process.
Business Unit/Department: Human Resources (1020)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Auxiliary/Casual
Position Start Date: February 2022
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-013: $24.88 to $29.13 per hour
Application Close: January 23, 2022
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process.Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Before you click Apply now
Once you start your application you can save your work and leave the applications page, however please remember to submit your profile to the specific job requisition before the posting closing date.
In addition to uploading your cover letter and resume, part of the application process may include answering application questions related to the preferred requirements of the role which may take approx.. 5-10mins. Cover letters should express interest and highlight additional information relevant to the position and resumes should include a tailored summary of skills and experience related to the position.