Millwright - City of Brandon
Journeyperson - ICI
(Up to a 12 Month Term)
To perform a variety of duties related to the Millwright trade as part of a journeyperson team that performs skilled maintenance work within the water and wastewater treatment facilities, lift and booster stations, lagoons, and groundwater wells of Development Services.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12, G.E.D., or Mature High School Diploma;
- Inter-provincial (Red Seal) Journeyperson Millwright certification;
- Valid and subsisting Class 5 Province of Manitoba driver’s licence;
- Must possess the ability to work in heights, confined spaces, and lift up to 50lbs.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in the Millwright trade;
- Previous experience in the Millwright trade working in an industrial setting;
- Previous experience operating forklifts, telehandlers, skid steers, and other motorized equipment.
Competition # 220006
Please apply with a cover letter and resume on-line at: http://jobbank.brandon.ca/
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on January 26, 2022.
This opportunity is open to all applicants, however first consideration will be given to current City of Brandon CUPE employees.
The selection process for this competition will include testing and an interview.
The City of Brandon reserves the right to underfill this position.
Rate of Pay:
$37.02 per hour - 2022 rates.
Position Conditions: This is a full-time, permanent position of 40 hours per week. Should the incumbent not return to the position, this term may become permanent. It will be offered in accordance with conditions identified in the Collective Agreement between the City of Brandon and CUPE Local 69.
For complete position details and requirements see the Job Description on the City of Brandon website.
The City of Brandon is committed to an inclusive, barrier free environment and will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted. If contacted to participate in the process, please advise if you require an accommodation.
Serving and Building Community.