Chief Administrative Officer - Village of Belledune
VILLAGE OF BELLEDUNE
Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
POSITION TYPE: Regular, Full-Time
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 4th, 2022
The Village of Belledune is currently seeking a Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) to join their municipality’s team. The CAO will report directly to the Village’s Council and have a variety of tasks that require diverse skills and knowledge. The incumbent will need to be a strong leader; they will help lead the Council as the senior policy advisor, lead the municipal administration team to maintain peak performance of staff resources, and lead the delivery of programs and services to the community as approved by Council.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Attend all Council and committee meetings and provides recommendations to address operational and strategic issues as necessary;
- Supervises the management team and help set vision and direction;
- Ensure plans, policies, procedures, and directions of Council are followed and implemented;
- Assist Council and make recommendations in the preparation of the strategic plans, including leading the management team in the development of action plans and measuring the success of those plans;
- Act as the official link between Council and municipal staff;
- Provide advice and recommendations as necessary to improve efficiency and effectiveness;
- Promote employee engagement and good working relations, and cultivate the effort towards a greener community;
- Fosters relationships with other municipalities in the region to address common issues;
- Lead the municipal team to provide a high level of service to the residents of the village;
- Develop relationships and liaise with provincial and federal levels of government as necessary;
- Monitor all matters associated with risk, legal, finance, policy, business development, infrastructure, projects, safety, environment, and community;
- Build and develop relationships with community members, industries, governments, organizations, institutions, and other potential stakeholders;
- Act as the sustainable economic development officer for the Village, and work with current and potential developers for long-term viability of the community;
- All other related duties, responsibilities, and functions as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Relevant degree in Business or Public Administration, or equivalent;
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive senior managerial experience, preferably in a public sector or not for profit environment;
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable legislative, regulatory, and financial framework within which local governments operate;
- Understanding of organizational structure and processes as they apply to a municipal setting;
- Knowledge of effective marketing and policy formation considered an asset;
- Bilingualism considered an asset;
- Advanced skills in leadership, citizen-engagement, decision-making, intergovernmental relations, grantsmanship, and stakeholder relations;
- Strong management, analytical, and interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact, diplomacy, and mature judgement;
- Ability to work with elected officials, community volunteers, boards and committees, and the general public;
- Ability to achieve effective results in a team setting
This position requires the individual to work in an office and team environment with normal business interruptions expected. The individual must be willing to step outside of the job description and possibly take on additional responsibilities.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position and want to join this team, we encourage you to apply by sending your resume by mail to:
Attn: Interim CAO Scott Ferguson
PO Box 1006,2471 Main St.,
Belledune, NB E8G 2X9
Or by email at CAO@belledune.com on or before February 4th, 2022. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in this position and working with the Village of Belledune, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Belledune is the hidden gem of Northern New Brunswick. A place where natural beauty meets commercial opportunity. With assets like the Port of Belledune, and our light commercial and industrial parks, as well as our focus to move to more green energy, our community houses some of the best opportunities for growth in the region.
As Belledune continues its evolution to realize our potential, we challenge our new CAO to work with our current employers and citizens as well as lead the path to future success in our region.