Microsoft Windows System Analyst - School District 51 (Boundary)
School District 51 (Boundary)
The Board of Education of School District No. 51 (Boundary)
Microsoft Windows System AnalystThe Board of Education of School District No. 51 (Boundary) invites applications for the position of Microsoft Windows System Analyst
School District No. 51 (Boundary) encompasses 11 school sites from Big White Ski Resort east to Christina Lake, as well as 2 bus/maintenance garages and a school board office located in Grand Forks. The District employs approximately 275 employees, serves 1,260 students in K-12 and administers an annual budget of $20,000,000. SD51 is a small, rural district that operates on a 4-day school week with students in session Monday to Thursday. Grand Forks is situated on the confluence of the Kettle and Granby rivers and is approximately 2.5 hours from Nelson, Kelowna and Spokane. The Boundary is a land of fertile fields, lush valleys, lakes, rivers and mountains where you can find unlimited adventure through four distinct seasons.
The Systems Analyst’s role is to design, install, administer, and optimize company servers and related components to achieve high performance of the various business applications. The System Analyst will provide administrative direction, supervision and support for daily operational activities of the IT department and, in collaboration with the Network Analyst, define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain both hardware and operating systems on Microsoft Windows server clusters and related infrastructure.
- Receive and respond to incoming technology work orders and/or requests from Technology Group regarding application problems.
- Collaborate with technicians and network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the district’s servers and cloud computing environment.
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex application problems for end users and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Manage server and file backups and backup infrastructure.
- Accurately document instances of server equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Follow established procedures in own work and advise technology users of appropriate technology security protocols necessary to safeguard the integrity and confidentiality of District information and systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Completion of a minimum two (2) year related diploma from an accredited program.
- At least three years’ equivalent work experience in a senior technical analytical position responsible for managing Microsoft Windows server environments.
- Relevant certifications in server operating systems like MCSE or similar.
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of server, desktop and application virtualization using Microsoft Hyper-V and VMWare. Advanced knowledge of the following: Microsoft Windows Server 2016, Windows 10, Office 365 cloud, SQL, IIS, and PowerShell.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining all manner of server hardware and associated network equipment, including SAS, RAID, and SAN topology.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to attend to emergent issues outside of standard work schedule as required.
- On-call availability.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
This full-time, permanent position is 40 hours per week, with typical schedule being Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm. The successful applicant will be offered a competitive s alary and benefits package, and on-going opportunities for professional development.
Interested and qualified applicants can submit applications through https://bit.ly/3CQE0Ovor directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include the following documents: Cover letter, resume, academic transcripts and/or supporting documents and three (3) professional references, including current contact information.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found, however, applications received by 4:00 pm on Friday, December 10, 2021 will be assured full consideration.
For further information about the position, please contact Nathan Cable at 250-442-8258 or email@example.com.
Successful applicants will be required to consent to a Criminal Record Search prior to employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted