Public Works Manager - Rural Municipality of Rosser
Rural Municipality of Rosser
Public Works Manager (PWM)
The Public Works Manger is empowered to uphold the high-quality level of service that the Public Works department offers in the Rural Municipality (RM) of Rosser, which includes a significant portion of the Centreport area.
This working Manager position engages in all public works job duties while effectively motivating and directing the Public Works personnel in undertaking all the work required to maintain and grow rural Rosser and Centreport’s transportation and utility networks. This includes water, wastewater and roadway infrastructure. The PWM is responsible for the direction, coordination, efficient operation, construction repair and general maintenance of the municipal infrastructure. In addition, this position also constantly engages with the public, businesses, and various stakeholders. The PWM works closely with the CAO to maintain this linear infrastructure as well as the maintenance of vehicles, equipment, materials, and facilities within the Public Works department.
Other responsibilities will include planning, fiscal management, asset management and administration. The PWMs goal is to efficiently engage and utilize all personnel, materials, and equipment to their highest capacity in accordance with the RM of Rosser’s policies, procedures, practices, and regulations.
Wage will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Salary range from $94,241.28 - $105,043.34.
To be successful in this career opportunity you will possess the following:
- Experience planning, directing, and scheduling public works and utilities activities, or equivalent experience
- Experience as an operator on some types of municipality-owned small and heavy equipment would be considered an asset
- Strong working knowledge of the principles and practices of HR management and supervision
- Be able to evaluate management practices, issues and problems with sound judgement and adopt effective recommendations/solutions/courses of action
- Have or be able to obtain a minimum of a Class 1 in Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection and Treatment
- Have or be able to obtain a minimum of a Class 1 driver’s license and air brake license (or an air brake endorsement)
- Previous experience managing local, provincial and federal laws/regulations governing similar functions as found in public works
Please visit www.rmofrosser.com to see the full job description and required qualifications.
The RM of Rosser offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence by Thursday, December 7, 2021 by 4:00 p.m. to: RM of Rosser, Box 131, Rosser, MB R0H 1E0 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.