Clerk Typist 3- RCMP - City of Maple Ridge
City of Maple Ridge
Clerk Typist 3- RCMP
Status: Temporary Full Time
Department: Police Services
Salary: $25.71 - $30.19
Closing: January 30, 2022
Come grow with The City of Maple Ridge! Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication and customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
This is moderately complex clerical and verbatim typing work involving supervisory tasks and/or independent typing and clerical duties of comparable responsibility. When employees of this class do not act as supervisors the complexity of the work may involve some initiative in planning the sequence of duties and the work methods to be employed. Where the supervisory factor is present and incumbent of this class is responsible for assigning and reviewing, for quality and quantity, the work of one or more subordinates engaged in typing and/or routine clerical tasks. The work of this class is distinguished from that of a Clerk II by the greater difficulty and complexity of clerical duties and/or the added supervisory responsibilities, both of which frequently call for the exercise of independent judgement in the day-to-day aspects of the work based on a good understanding of department procedures. Difficult or unusual superior in terms of accuracy, completeness, and conformance with established practices and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduation including or supplemented by commercial and typing courses, PRIME and JUSTIN plus sound related experience, preferably in a Police Department or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Sound knowledge of the rules, regulations and policies governing the work performed and of functions of the operations of units served.
- Sound knowledge of clerical and record-keeping methods and procedures and of business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Ability to assign, supervise and check the work of subordinates, to provide training and to participate in performance evaluation and selection as required.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite along with PRIME and JUSTIN programs plus sound related experience.
- Ability to provide training to new clerical staff on appropriate reporting procedures and completion of forms; and to perform relief switchboard operation tasks for vacation/sick/lunch break periods.
- Ability to compose non-routine correspondence, to prepare reports and records, and to exercise signing authority within defined limits.
- Ability to explain and interpret moderately complex department rules, regulations and procedures to the public and to deal effectively with internal and external contacts on matters related to the work.
- Skill in the operation of equipment used in the work
LICENCES AND CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain and maintain an RCMP Security Clearance.
HOURS OF WORK:
Hours of work are governed by Schedule “B” (M) - based on article 13.01 which may, at the discretion of the Commanding officer of the RCMP or his/her duly appointed representative, work any seven (7) hours between the hours of 7:00 am and 12:00 midnight, Monday to Sunday, inclusive, with shift differential as per Article 14.10. When shifts are changed, or positions hired, employees in the positions will be given shift preference on the basis of seniority
We are looking for a person with strong communication and organizing skills, as well as leadership and a team player.
This is a temporary full-time position for approximately twelve to eighteen (12-18) months.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
The City of Maple Ridge is a great place to work with competitive compensation packages that include the Municipal Pension Plan, a strong employee wellness program and the opportunity for professional career growth and professional development. If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.