Casual Labourer(s) - City of Nelson
City of Nelson
The City of Nelson is currently recruiting casual staff to assist our team of professionals in the Operations Department. The successful applicant(s) will provide relief coverage on an as and where needed basis.
Under the supervision of the Public Works & Utilities Supervisor as a Labourer for the City of Nelson, you would be helping to achieve our goal of becoming the number one Municipality in Canada based on value for service by supporting our crews to keep our streets clean and safe. You help the City maintain its beauty and charm, through assistance with construction, maintenance and repair of infrastructure and providing beautiful parks and grounds throughout.
- Grade 12 or GED (General Equivalency Diploma)
- Valid Class 3 BC Driver’s License with air endorsement
Preference will be given to applicants who have some or all of the following qualifications, skills and abilities.
- Level A certification, Excavator, Loader and Backhoe
- Level 1 or 2 Water Distribution Certification
- Level 1 or 2 Wastewater Collection Certification
- Level 1 or 2 Wastewater Treatment Certification
- Experience working with Water Distribution
- Experience working with Wastewater Collection
- Level 1 First Aid
- Cement Finishing / Form Setting
As a casual employee, you may be asked to work in a variety of positions offered within the CUPE Collective Agreement, depending on your qualifications, abilities and experience.
In keeping with the Criminal Records Review Act, this position will require a Criminal Records check including a Vulnerable Sector search as a condition of employment prior to starting work with the City of Nelson.
Interested applicants should reference #21CU49 and submit their covering letter and resume by October 28, 2021 to:
City of Nelson
101-310 Ward Street
Nelson, BC V1L 5S4
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted. The City of Nelson is committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.