Supervisor, Certification Services - adult education, OHS training, credentialing - WorkSafe BC
Supervisor, Certification Services - adult education, OHS training, credentialing
Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Richmond, British Columbia
Deadline date: November 5, 2021
We're looking for an adult education and training professional with experience in occupational health and safety education or technical trades training. You'll lead a group of certification officers who maintain occupational training and certification standards in industries that fall within the inspectional jurisdiction of WorkSafeBC. You and your team will play a vital role in our Certification Services department with the responsibility for overseeing curriculum development and delivery of training that must be approved or accepted by WorkSafeBC, in accordance with the Workers Compensation Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation.
Consider joining us in this important role where you'll have the opportunity to support occupational health and safety education, training, and certification that makes a difference in the lives of workers and employers in British Columbia.
This position is part of our hybrid model - primarily remotely based with occasional attendance to the Richmond office.
As Supervisor Certification Services, you will:
- Support the strategic priorities of the Prevention Programs and Performance Division
- Supervise the daily work activities of the assigned team including monitoring progress, setting priorities and providing work direction.
- Analyze an activity, job, or occupation requiring training or certification to identify competencies and develop learning objectives to achieve them
- Analyze course content to determine if intended learning outcomes can be reasonably met
- Design and assess course evaluation instruments and processes
- Coordinate the activity of audit teams consisting of education professionals and subject matter experts for the purpose of conducting training provider inspections and quality assurance audits
- Provide advice and recommendations on instructional techniques for adult learners, and analyze certification schemes, training standards, and learning environments for the effectiveness of setting, instructional techniques, training aids, and learner assessments
We're looking for someone who can:
- Lead a team, take initiative, motivate, team build, and provide work direction
- Use project management skills and techniques including estimating costs, identifying resource requirements, establishing timelines, and monitoring progress
- Use a variety of communication and computer skills to interpret, document, and present information
- Establish and maintain objective and collaborative relationships with co-workers and clients
- Facilitate and influence discussion with internal and external groups to optimize outcomes
Your experience and educational background:
- A Masters of Education, specializing in Adult Education, Educational Leadership, or a similar education specialty
- A minimum of six years of directly related occupational health and safety education and/or technical trades training experience.
- A valid B.C. driver's license
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we're dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across B.C. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases do occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers' compensation system today and for future generations. We're honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
As part of our mandate, we have introduced an interim staff-vaccination policy intended to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of our staff, our clients, and the public.
Effective November 1, 2021, WorkSafeBC will require all employees who interact in person with employers, workers, members of the public, or other WorkSafeBC staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In implementing the policy, WorkSafeBC will consider its obligations to accommodate those staff who are unable to be vaccinated.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences, and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life.
Learn more about what we offer.
We're an inclusive and accessible employer, committed to employment equity objectives, and we invite applications from all qualified individuals. Please note that this position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
If you're the successful applicant, we'll be making a conditional offer contingent upon your clearing a criminal record check under the Criminal Records Review Act. At the time of offer, you'll need to provide consent for a criminal record check. Once we receive clearance, we'll confirm your offer of employment.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you, in advance, for applying.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/6165a85904799672e1c34d04/5c8a775a01536405b1f3a5e8/en