Administrative Assistant - Library - District of West Vancouver
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – LIBRARY
The West Vancouver Memorial Library is well known as an innovative and award-winning library that prioritizes inclusion, a learning culture, organizational integrity, and enhancing community through our programs, services, and relationships.
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations, West Vancouver is a vibrant community on the North Shore and home to parks, beaches, and to sports, recreation and arts amenities.
The West Vancouver Memorial Library has an immediate opening for a permanent, part-time Administrative Assistant to the Library Director. If you are a motivated and organized professional with a passion for problem solving, teamwork and a proven work ethic, this is the perfect opportunity for you. This position will be primarily responsible for:
- Providing administrative support to the library’s Director
- As assigned, providing administrative support to the library’s Board and senior team
- Coordinating meetings, taking minutes, and polling participants
- Assisting with production and distribution of Library publications;
- Contact management, maintaining mailing lists;
- Screening phone and email, communicating with stakeholders, and answering standard queries about the library
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality and diplomacy
- Reviewing timesheets and liaising with Payroll;
- Updating office manuals and maintaining the computerized records management system;
- Preparing original correspondence, research, reports, and statistics;
- Performing other related duties as required.
The preferred candidate will possess Grade 12 graduation and additional coursework in administration support or library services and will have related experience in government or private sector administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience; knowledge of library legislation, policies and procedures; the ability to multi-task, problem solve and pay attention to details while being aware of the broader context; an ability to work effectively and tactfully with a diverse range of people and groups; the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; the ability to maintain confidentiality; strong data analysis knowledge and excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and an aptitude for software programs.
The successful candidate will be required to supply a police information check and a copy of their credentials.
Exempt – Permanent, Part-Time
Hours of Work:
28 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
11:59 p.m. October 24, 2021
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.