Human Resources Advisor - Fraser Valley Regional District
HUMAN RESOURCES ADVISOR
October 12, 2021
The Fraser Valley Regional District is a local government that delivers over 100 services to residents living in our eight electoral areas and six member municipalities. We are the third most populous regional district in BC, stretching from Abbotsford to Boston Bar. The Fraser Valley offers a great place to work and live with a mix of rural and urban lifestyles along with an abundance of recreational and cultural opportunities.
As one of the fastest-growing regional districts in BC, the Fraser Valley Regional District offers rewarding public service career opportunities with competitive benefits. People are at the center of everything we do and we strive to put the needs of those we serve and the employees that work in the organization at the forefront of our day-to-day work. We are an organization that values teamwork, respect, and are committed to excellent service. If you have a passion for public service and want to make a difference in the lives of Fraser Valley residents, consider coming to work with us.
We have an exciting opportunity for an energetic and self-motivated individual with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills to fill the position of Human Resources Advisor. Under the direction of the Manager of Human Resources and Safety Services, you will work as part of a team and be responsible for providing excellent customer service. A typical week at the FVRD could see you assisting with recruiting the ideal candidates to work for us; administering our Occupational Health and Safety program; assisting with disability management; developing policies and procedures; providing interpretation, assistance and advice on policies and procedures, labour and employment legislation and regulations, and Collective Agreement administration. The ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment and strong analytical and problem-solving skills will be an asset.
We offer a supportive, team-based work environment with an emphasis on collaboration. We believe in lifelong learning and are committed to providing and supporting training and professional development opportunities for our staff.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Post-Secondary education in Human Resources Management, Public Administration, Business Administration or related discipline or an equivalent combination of related training and experience
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR), or working towards the CPHR designation
- A minimum of three years of progressive Human Resources experience preferably in a local government setting
- Working knowledge of all legislation and regulatory systems that apply to this position
- Excellent computer skills, with a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and the ability to learn new software quickly
- Excellent written communications skills which include the ability to write clearly and concisely
- A high degree of integrity, diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to handle a complex and varied workload, often under pressure
- Ability to work independently, and exercise good judgement
The salary for this full-time exempt position is commensurate with experience and is supplemented by a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
If this opportunity excites you, and you want to contribute to a positive work environment, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter indicating how you meet the qualifications. Quote Competition #2021-48 and send in confidence by 4:30 pm on November 12, 2021, to email@example.com.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.