Executive Assistant - Fraser Valley Regional District
October 12, 2021
The Fraser Valley Regional District is a local government that delivers over 100 services to residents living in our eight electoral areas and six-member municipalities. We are the third most populous regional district in BC, stretching from Abbotsford to Boston Bar. The Fraser Valley offers a great place to work and live with a mix of rural and urban lifestyles along with an abundance of recreational and cultural opportunities.
As one of the fastest-growing regional districts in BC, the Fraser Valley Regional District offers rewarding public service career opportunities with competitive benefits. People are at the centre of everything we do and we strive to put the needs of those we serve and the employees that work in the organization at the forefront of our day-to-day work. We are an organization that values teamwork, respect, and excellent service. If you have a passion for public service and want to make a difference in the lives of Fraser Valley residents, consider coming to work with us. The term of this position will be October 2021 to May 31, 2022.
We are seeking a high functioning, detail-oriented professional with senior administrative, protocol and communications experience to act independently and take initiative with coordinating and organizing business conducted by the CAO and Board. You will provide support in a diverse range of confidential administrative matters which includes attending and recording minutes for the open and closed committee meetings. You must have the ability to work independently, exercise good judgement, and effectively handle conflicting priorities. You will possess a high degree of integrity and discretion in managing confidential and sensitive information and have excellent oral and written communication abilities. A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new software is required.
We offer a positive, supportive, team-based work environment with an emphasis on collaboration. If you have a positive, can-do attitude and a keen sense of humour, you will fit right in. Bring your positive energy, ambition and desire to learn, and we'll take care of the rest.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Post- secondary education in Business Administration plus several years experience in a senior administrative position in local government, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience in preparing minutes with the ability to take and transcribe minutes accurately;
- Ability to compose and report complex decisions and business from Board Meetings;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including a sound knowledge of business English and spelling, the ability to write in a clear, concise manner, and express thoughts and ideas clearly;
- Good organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage time and project tasks within changing priorities and limited timeframes;
- Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills as well as a demonstrated ability to work effectively with elected officials, all staff, public and other agencies;
The salary for this temporary exempt position is commensurate with experience plus 12% in lieu of benefits.
If this opportunity excites you, and you want to contribute to a positive work environment, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter indicating how you meet the qualifications. Quote Competition #2021-49 and send in confidence by 4:30 p.m. on November 3, 2021, to email@example.com.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.