Trades Mechanic II - City of White Rock
Trades Mechanic II
(Regular Full-Time, 40 hours per week)
The City of White Rock is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to promoting and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We know that our greatest strengths come from the people who make up our teams and a more vibrant community starts with you!. The City is a boutique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and strong sense of community.
The Engineering & Municipal Operations Department seeks individual with outstanding work ethic and a safety-first attitude to join their team. The Trades Mechanic II is responsible for maintenance, repair, and overhaul of a broad range of City vehicles including light trucks, fire department vehicles, ice-resurfacers, and a variety of other small equipment, such as chainsaws, and pumps. The successful candidate will have a knowledge of the techniques, tools, equipment, and safety procedures pertaining to the maintenance of trucks and heavy mobile equipment as required, as well as knowledge of gas and electrical welding techniques, tools and equipment.
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by technical courses related to the work, a recognized trade apprenticeship, and extensive related journeyman experience with a broad variety of vehicles and equipment;
- Inter-provincial trades qualification as a Commercial Transport Mechanic and/or a Heavy-Duty Mechanic and Commercial Vehicle Inspection certification;
- Emergency Vehicle Technician Certification (EVT) would be considered an asset:
- Thorough knowledge of the standard practices, methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in small equipment, automotive, and heavy duty mechanical trade;
- Knowledge of gas and electrical welding techniques would be considered an asset:
- Considerable knowledge of the hazards and proper safety precautions related to the work performed;
- Ability to perform a variety of complex, skilled mechanical and related tasks in the overhaul, repair, maintenance, and adjustment of a wide variety of equipment;
- Ability to operate and inspect a variety of vehicles and equipment;
- Ability to work cooperatively and amicably in a team environment with a safety-first attitude;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of groups, including Departmental customers, suppliers and contractors;
- Possess and maintain a valid Class 3 driver’s license with air brake endorsement with a safe driving record.
The City is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to promoting and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We know that our greatest strengths come from the people who make up our teams and a more vibrant community starts with you!
The annual wage for this unionized position is $83,067 with comprehensive benefits offered. If you are a qualified applicant and you feel you can help us continuously push for excellence and are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment we invite you to apply. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume and certifications for consideration by the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 4:30 pm, Wednesday, October 27, 2021
Submit your Application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/jobs
Subject Line: 2021-58