Engineering Assistant II - District of West Vancouver
ENGINEERING ASSISTANT II – RE-POST
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations, West Vancouver is a vibrant community on the North Shore and home to parks, beaches, and to sports, recreation and arts amenities. We are seeking employees with a passion for public service who share our commitment to creating a complete, inclusive and livable community. Our dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs that enhance the well-being of our community.
The District of West Vancouver’s Roads & Transportation Department is seeking a hard-working, self-starter to join our team as a permanent, full-time Engineering Assistant II. Reporting to the Transportation Engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible for technical field and office work related to a variety of municipal engineering functions.
The duties of the position will include:
- Data collection and analysis for asset management of transportation related infrastructure ;
- preparing cost and quantity estimates related to various projects;
- assisting with design review and approval process
- conducting field investigations to assess site conditions; carrying out condition surveys of existing infrastructure; responding to resident issues; making recommendations for project modifications; ensuring conformity of plans to municipal standards, policies and regulations;
- preparing and maintaining a variety of documentation such as reports, plans, drawings, records, correspondence with residents, and traffic regulation orders related to the work;
- processing and issuing street occupancy permits;
- performing other related work as required.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent combination of education and related experience;
- proficient working knowledge and experience using AutoCAD and AutoTURN for transportation drafting and design;
- related experience with inspection and design in municipal road engineering would be an asset;
- strong customer service skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills; and,
- a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia.
The successful candidate is required to supply a police information check and a copy of their credentials.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licenses and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the class specification which is available for inspection in the Human Resources Department and on WestNet.
WVMEA (Union) – Permanent, Full-Time
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Starting Rate of Pay:
$30.32 per hour. This position has a pay structure with five steps which increases annually.
11:59 pm on Monday November 1, 2021
Please note that all candidates must apply through the Career Portal at www.westvancouver.ca/careers.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.