Senior Administrative Officer - Hamlet of Aklavik
Hamlet of Aklavik
Senior Administrative Officer
The Hamlet of Aklavik has an opening for the position of Senior Administrative Officer responsible for the overall administration and management of municipal operations pursuant to NWT legislation, under the direction of the Mayor and Council.
- Supervise and direct the day-to-day affairs of the Hamlet and its employees.
- Provide advice and support to the Mayor and Council.
- Prepare and produce timely and accurate O&M and Capital Budgets, Financial Statements and Contract Reports.
- Enforce all active Municipal Bylaws.
- A recognized diploma or degree in Municipal Administration or equivalent experience.
- Several years of successful senior municipal government experience.
- Background in Financial Management and Asset Management.
- A good working knowledge of Sage Accounting, Microsoft Office.
- Must be bondable and submit a criminal record check.
- Good communication s skills.
- Familiarity with NWT legislation relevant to municipalities.
The successful candidate will receive a salary and benefit package commensurate with experience and knowledge.
Housing may be available at reasonable rates.
Please submit your application and resume to:
Dean McLeod, Acting Senior Administrative Officer
PO Box 88
This competition will remain open until filled