Chief Administrative Officer - Town of Faro
Chief Administrative Officer
The Town of Faro is an innovative, vibrant, clean and safe community nestled in a spectacular mountainous setting of central Yukon. The town offers affordable housing, extensive recreational facilities along with an enviable Yukon lifestyle. We have high expectations for continued sustainable growth and an optimistic progressive approach to the future.
Reporting directly to Council, the CAO will be responsible for overall management and coordination of all municipal operations and projects. The ideal candidate will have strong credentials in municipal or related administration, including knowledge of accounting and budgeting procedures and practices, and excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills. The candidate will be a person with a strong sense of community, one who can demonstrate a history of community involvement.
What we are looking for is a candidate with:
- Diverse senior management experience. Proven financial management experience.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing comprehensive strategies.
- An understanding of effective management and leadership practices, and the functions and principles of municipal government.
- The ability to think creatively, to make sound and effective decisions, to build consensus, and to effectively manage change, all within a framework of policy and legislation.
- The application of communication and interpersonal skills in dealing effectively, fairly and reasonably with Council, co-workers, community and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Safe Work legislations and implementing safe work practices into the workplace and the ability to work effectively within a union environment.
- An awareness of changing global, national and Territorial realities and their potential impact on the community.
- A professional designation in public or business administration, planning or a related field, or the equivalent experience.
What we offer:
The Town of Faro offers an attractive environment for a person who would like to join a full complement of very competent department heads, a Town with financial resources, a history of audited reporting and a progressive working Council.
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive salary that will be commensurate with their experience coupled with a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates may request a job description, salary range and a description of benefits.
We appreciate the interest of all those responding, and each application will be acknowledged. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We will require a complete resume, including a minimum of at least two references directly related to relevant positions, to be posted, faxed or emailed and marked Confidential to the addresses below
This posting will remain open until filled. The next review date for resumes submitted will be October 29, 2021 at 4:00pm.
Attn: Mayor and Council
Box 580, Faro, YT Y0B 1K0
Phone: (867) 994-2728 Fax: (867) 994-3154