Municipal Accountant - City of Delta
One of the sunniest regions in BC's Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities - Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our commitment to lead the way in public service excellence.
Municipal AccountantThe City of Delta is recruiting for a regular full-time Municipal Accountant to join our team of professionals in the Budgets and Taxation Division, Finance Department. This unionized position reports to the Budget Manager and is involved in complex budgeting, analytical and accounting work.
- Assist departments in preparing operating and capital budget submissions, and review to ensure adherence to City policy and regulatory requirements
- Assist departments in identifying needs for financial data and forecasting models as required
- Coordinate the development, maintenance, and monitoring of department operating and capital budgets
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the City of Delta’s long-term financial plans, and related forecasting models Prepare periodic financial and capital asset reporting
- Prepare year-end and period-end adjustments and working papers
- Analyze data and prepare financial, statistical and analytical reports including budget variance analysis
- Develop and maintain technology driven improvements to financial and business processes, and testing new systems
- Assist in preparation of analysis and reports to senior management on matters such as project cost effectiveness and alternative funding sources
- Assist in cash and treasury management functions, policy development and implementation, ad hoc projects and other analysis and reporting as required
- Assist in the assignment of tasks, training, supervision and review of the work prepared by clerical and support staff
- Completion of a professional accounting designation and a minimum of three years of experience in municipal accounting and finance of an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Considerable knowledge of methods, rules and regulations applicable to municipal accounting operations and budgeting Sound knowledge of Financial ERP systems such as PeopleSoft, SAP or equivalent system
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with external and internal customers and exercise considerable judgment in daily activities
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks/projects and priorities in a changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Registration in a recognized accounting association
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those under consideration will be contacted. Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets must be submitted with your application. Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information Check.