Public Works Foreman - Village of Linden
Public Works Foreman
Management / Administration
Village of Linden
Job Description :
PUBLIC WORKS FOREMAN
FULL TIME PERMANENT POSITION
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs, manages, and monitors the activities of the Public Works Department.
- Plans, prioritizes, and ensures the implementation of public works maintenance and construction projects.
- As a working Foreman, operates and ensures a well trained staff.
- Assists in developing policies, procedures and programs for roads, sewage works, water works, streetlights, drainage, and garbage collection.
- Responds to enquiries from the public.
- Participates as a member of the senior management team in planning for the provision of services to the Village of Linden
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Administrative Officer.
Ideally the candidate shall have a minimum of 3-5 years of municipal operations experience in a similar position, or at a minimum, you are a seasoned senior Public Works Foreman in a municipality. Your experience shall include some budget control, personnel management, and effective oral and written communication. The position provides for considerable latitude for judgement and requires the development of procedures and policies. There Forman must have:
- Current Class 1 Water Distribution System Certificate of Competency/ Water Treatment Level 1 Certificate of Competency.
- Current Class 1 Wastewater Collection System Certificate of Competency/Wastewater Treatment Level 1 Certificate of Competency.
- A valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license with acceptable abstract and a clean Criminal Records Check (with air endorsement preferred).
- Grade 12 or equivalent level of education.
- The ability to organize personnel and assign tasks effectively to achieve department goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with the general public, staff, elected officials, contractors, and consultants.
- A demonstrated track record of leadership and direction with prior management experience preferably in a municipal setting.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proven municipal experience in water and sewer maintenance, as well as road maintenance.
- Knowledge in developing budget estimates and evaluating programs/services.
- Knowledge of current legislation (workplace safety & health, employment standards).
- Understanding of community planning and the use of applicable Bylaws.
- Ability to develop long-term infrastructure maintenance and replacement programs.
- Computer skills
The position reports directly to the Chief Administrative Officer.
Specific Position Requirements
- Working conditions contain moderate risks which require planned safety precautions for limited periods of time.
- Ability to work in all manner of weather conditions.
- Entails moderate levels of mental stress and pressure.
- Ability to be able to work flexible work hours to meet operational requirements.
- May be required to respond to emergency situations.
November 30, 2021
Application Return: Application Return
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing “Public Works Foreman” in the subject line. This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Village of Linden Box 213, Linden AB T0M 1J0