Asset Management Officer - Municipal District of Greenview
Municipal District of Greenview
DEPARTMENT: Corporate Services
Asset Management Officer
LOCATION: Valleyview, AB
STATUS: Application will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
Located in Northwest Alberta, the Municipal District of Greenview is a vast and diverse area rich in oil and gas, fertile farmland, and mixed wood forests. As the thirdlargest rural municipality in Alberta, Greenview boasts diversity in economic activities and an extraordinary landscape. Greenview’s economy is strengthened by its diversity, a talented workforce and an entrepreneurial spirit that is second to none. Our residents experience adventure right in their backyards with lakes, rivers, Rocky Mountain peaks and vast prairie offering a yearround outdoor playground for all ages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, the Asset Management Officer is responsible for creating and maintaining, an Asset Management Program. The Asset Management Officer will establish asset hierarchy and data gaps, service levels, risk assessments and asset lifecycle strategies for sustainable financial planning.
- Leading the creation of an Asset Management Program and policy in collaboration with senior leadership.
- Providing recommendations to senior leadership to continually evolve the role and improve the program.
- Determining the current condition and value of assets as well as assessing the future replacement, rehabilitation, or maintenance costs.
- Develop Tangible Capital Asset policy to ensure compatibility with Asset Management including accuracy and completeness of the assets listings, useful life, and amortization values.
- Assist departments to ensure process for the proper recording of asset additions, write downs and disposals.
- Assist departments to ensure assets are properly insured.
- Accessing and assembling existing data records from various departments and media, including GIS systems. Developing new data when applicable.
- Facilitating an asset management inventory for Greenview assets.
- Deploying and utilizing approved software for aggregating asset information.
- Training Greenview staff on asset management processes and their role in collecting data.
- Reviewing growth rates of the inventory and developing medium- and long-term state analysis.
- Reviewing the impacts of growth on existing inventory and recommending future service requirements.
- Analyzing future funding requirements and expansion requirements to maintain the current level of service.
- Providing regular reports regarding Greenview assets in alignment with the financial reporting sequence.
- Transferring written data to electronic data where applicable.
- Assist in the development and implementation of financial policies, plans and programs for the finance and accounting functions of the Municipality.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- A post-secondary diploma in Engineering Technology, Architectural Technology, Asset Management, GIS or an equivalent combination of education, qualifications, and experience.
- To qualify for this role, you will need at least 3 years of asset management experience and at least 1 year of budgeting and work planning experience.
- A valid class 5 driver's license is required.
- Related accounting experience is an asset.
- Certification in Asset Management is an asset.
- Project Management experience is an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and GIS Applications.
- Must be proficient with computerized accounting systems.
- Experience with Worktech, Pearl, and Diamond is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact well with, and respond to inquiries from employees, Management, Council, Ratepayers and Vendors
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision
- Must maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize and manage time constraints
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT:
- Extensive use of computer and telephone
- Long periods of sitting, good lighting, temperature and noise control
- Minimal physical effort, occasional light lifting
- Normal working day consists of 7.5 hours; however occasional overtime may be required
HEALTH & SAFETY
- All personnel working at the Municipal District of Greenview are governed by the Municipal District Health & Safety Policy.
- Ensures all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with Municipal District Policies and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
- Ensure proper ergonomic requirements are met and good ergonomic procedures are practiced.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates may submit cover letter and resume (stating the position you are applying to), in one of the following ways:
By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please quote the position in the subject line)
Mail or Drop Off:
Municipal District of Greenview No. 16
4806 – 36 Ave., Box 1079,
Valleyview, Alberta T0H 3N0
Confidential Fax: 780-524-3981
While we truly appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.