Clerical Team - City of Delta
One of the sunniest regions in BC's Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities - Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our commitment to lead the way in public service excellence.
The City of Delta has an exciting opportunity for you to begin your municipal career. If you are looking to join a committed team of staff and want to be part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace, we encourage you to apply!
As an Auxiliary Clerical Team Member, you will have the opportunity to work in a variety of clerical and administrative assignments throughout various departments at the City, including Engineering, Finance, Community Planning & Development and Administration. Successful candidates will provide coverage for short-term leaves, special projects, and/or to assist with additional workflow. Joining our Auxiliary Clerical Team will allow you to grow your knowledge with City operations and gain unique municipal experience while allowing you the flexibility to apply your skills in a diverse number of City departments.
- High school diploma supplemented by relevant post secondary coursework, such as Accounting, Business Administration or Communications plus sound related office experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills along with the ability to problem-solve and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle a varied workload in a busy environment with frequent interruptions
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel & Outlook
- Experience working with Tempest or other software applications (considered an asset)
- Previous experience working with electronic document management systems
- Proficiency in typing – minimum 50 WPM
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence for the province of British Columbia
Auxiliary Clerical Team members must be available to work various shifts (up to 32 hours per week). Hours vary depending on assignment and fall within the hours of 8:00 am – 4:45 pm Monday to Friday, and up to 8:00 pm on Thursdays. This position requires the flexibility to work with minimal notice and the flexibility to undertake assignments of varying durations depending on operational need.
The City of Delta provides a competitive salary of $23.39 - $26.34 per hour plus 12% in lieu of benefits. Interested applicants are requested to apply online at www.delta.ca/employment to competition #21-101 EX by December 31, 2021.
Applications for the Clerical Team will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and only those candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be requested to demonstrate their typing, computer proficiency and business correspondence skills.
Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets must be submitted with your application. Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information Check.
City of Delta
Attention: Human Resources
4500 Clarence Taylor Crescent
Delta, BC V4K 3E2