Senior Procurement Officer - City of Whitehorse
Senior Procurement Officer
Established as the Yukon's capital city in 1953, the City of Whitehorse is home to some of the most spectacular scenery, talented artists, and innovative businesses in Canada. Situated along the Yukon River on the traditional territory of the Kwanlin Dün First Nation and the Ta'an Kwäch’än Council, over 28,000 call Whitehorse home.
The City enjoys a healthy economy thanks to a strong business community, which was recognized when Whitehorse was named the top City for entrepreneurs in 2018 by the Canadian Federation of Independent Business. The City also enjoys a successful working relationship with the areas First Nations and the territorial government.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Accounts Payable and Procurement, the Senior Procurement Officer works closely with the research, administrative and technical support staff, to coordinate, prepare, monitor and maintain the procurement of materials, supplies, equipment and contractual services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide research, administrative and technical support to staff on the procurements of goods and services to ensure accuracy, timeliness of information and compliance with governing legislation, policies and procedures.
- Provide support in preparation, processing and maintenance of procurement instruments in accordance with internal controls and relevant legislation. Conduct initial needs assessment and determination relating to the use of tenders, RFP, RFQ, local purchase orders, etc.
- Coordinate, participate and/or process various procurement activities including bid openings, change orders, security deposits, progress payments, etc.
- Assist with the administration of annual service and supply contracts.
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships.
- Maintain the procurement computerized system.
- Liaise with suppliers and staff on matters relating to procurement, internal controls and relevant legislation.
- Coordinate delivery schedules, monitor progress and liaise with clients and suppliers to resolve issues.
- Coordinate asset disposals from a financial perspective.
- Provide input and maintain relevant policies and procedures including contract administration manual and procurement templates.
- Maintain electronic and manual procurement records. Maintain and update the procurement section on the City’s website.
- Act as Supervisor, Procurement as assigned.
- Follow, so far as is reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards.
- Other related duties as assigned.
The City of Whitehorse is looking for the following qualifications for the successful candidate:
- A degree in Business Administration plus Supply Chain Management designation.
- Five years progressive procurement experience with a focus on contract administration and 6 months on the job training.
- Proven skills working with computerized financial systems software.
- Excellent organizational skills, prioritizing and ability to multitask with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work and maintain accuracy under pressure and to meet critical deadlines.
- Strong research, client service orientation and good interpersonal skills.
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to foster and maintain effective relationships among peers and/or stakeholders.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to https://careers.wmc.ca/
For more information you can also contact Kataneh Sherkat at email@example.com
WMC and City of Whitehorse respect and welcome candidates of all background. We also honour your privacy and your information will not be shared with any other party beyond this position without your consent.
Respectfully, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.