Manager Business & Technology Systems - City of Whitehorse
Manager Business & Technology Systems
Established as the Yukon's capital city in 1953, the City of Whitehorse is home to some of the most spectacular scenery, talented artists, and innovative businesses in Canada. Situated along the Yukon River on the traditional territory of the Kwanlin Dün First Nation and the Ta'an Kwäch’än Council, over 28,000 call Whitehorse home.
The City enjoys a healthy economy thanks to a strong business community, which was recognized when Whitehorse was named the top City for entrepreneurs in 2018 by the Canadian Federation of Independent Business. The City also enjoys a successful working relationship with the areas First Nations and the territorial government.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, the Manager Business & Technology Systems provides vision and leadership in planning, developing and implementing Information Technology (IT) strategies that ensure the City provides effective and efficient services to citizens. In this role, the Manager will lead a team of 12.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct the development, implementation and evaluation of technology strategic plans, enterprise technology infrastructure and corporate-wide technology standards, policies and procedures.
- Direct the development, evaluation and implementation of corporate-wide strategies and policies for the operation of computer workstations, applications, network and telecommunications infrastructure.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to review, identify, plan and implement information technology systems to assist in achieving business and financial goals and streamlining business processes.
- Plan, develop and oversee the installation and maintenance of technological infrastructure to ensure reliability and integrity of systems and data.
- Prioritize information technology initiatives and coordinate the evaluation, deployment and management of information technology systems corporate-wide.
- Manage and provide leadership in all human resource areas, including recruitment, training and performance management for the department.
- Coordinate, prepare, process and evaluate purchasing instruments for goods and services including RFP’s, RFQ’s, contracts, purchase orders, etc.
- Develop, manage and maintain the City’s technology disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Prepare and control the department’s annual Capital and Operation and Maintenance multi-year budgets.
- Foster and maintain effective relationships among internal and external stakeholders. Participate on various corporate committees as required.
- Ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that safety procedures and standards are followed by personnel throughout the department.
The City of Whitehorse is looking for the following qualifications for the successful candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, engineering or related field.
- Project management or ITIL certification is an asset.
- Eight years of progressively responsible information leadership including 4 years’ supervisory experience plus 1 year on the job training.
- Considerable knowledge of business processes, management and business office operations, data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications.
- Proven leadership and supervision skills with the ability to delegate, set clear expectations, train and develop, motivate and manage performance.
- Excellent organizational skills, prioritizing and ability to multitask with minimal supervision.
- Excellent skills relating to communications, team building, liaise with stakeholders, human relations and problem solving.
- Proven written, and oral communications skills to develop and present reports, position papers and proposals.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to https://careers.wmc.ca/
For more information you can also contact Kataneh Sherkat at email@example.com
WMC and City of Whitehorse respect and welcome candidates of all background. We also honour your privacy and your information will not be shared with any other party beyond this position without your consent.
Respectfully, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.