Clerk 4 - Purchasing - City of Surrey
Clerk 4 – Purchasing
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
Reporting to the Assistant Purchasing Manager, the Clerk 4 performs highly complex clerical work of considerable responsibility in the Procurement Services Section within the Finance Department. Employees work under limited supervision and exercise considerable independent judgement and initiative.
Union - CUPE Local 402 - Term (6 Months)
- Provides clerical and administrative support services to the procurement staff.
- Plans, coordinates, trains and supervises clerical staff in a variety of functions.
- Interprets departmental practices and procedures and attempts to resolve difficult problems.
- Creates and maintains office procedure manuals and guidelines.
- Generates procurement documents, maintains and updates procedures, updates and tracks boilerplate changes to solicitation documents, and updates and tracks changes to procurement manuals and guidelines, and instructions subject to review of a superior.
- Prepares varied documents, collects and analyzes a variety of data, and complex statistical reports.
- Compiles and creates statistical reports as required (e.g., key performance indicators).
- Compose a variety of letters of a technical nature.
- Assists other procurement staff in performing their duties.
- Overall coordination of the City’s Purchase Card (P-Card) program including maintaining cardholder files, processing requests for credit limit changes and replacement cards.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Applicants will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge skills and abilities:
- Ability to exercise good judgement in performing the duties of the position.
- Ability to work independently, plan, organize, supervise work projects and develop work procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of Business English, spelling, arithmetic, current office practices, procedures and equipment operation. Demonstrated ability to handle a high volume of work with frequent interruptions and the ability to manage time and task efficiently.
- Knowledge of computer office applications especially Microsoft Word & Excel, and good key board skills.
- Highly accurate and attentive to detail.
- Basic Procurement Knowledge. A qualified applicant will have:
- Completion of grade 12, supplemented by completion of several business courses at a post-secondary level.
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible and diversified clerical experience including supervisory experience.
- Accurate typing speed of 45 wpm.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.