Public Works Manager - Rural Municipality of Montcalm
RM of Montcalm, Manitoba
Public Works Manager
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Manager of Public Works provides direction, support, and supervision to staff in the Public Works department ensuring timely, cost-effective, and safe delivery of services.
The Manager is the keystone of the Public Works department and will strengthen and develop relationships with staff, elected council members, and the community.
- Plans longer-term capital maintenance and upgrades of public works and utility infrastructure in collaboration with the Chief Administrative Officer.
- Leads a team of 6 – 12 (inclusive of seasonal personnel).
- Fosters strong relationships with elected council members.
- Prepares and maintains monthly/annual budgets and estimates.
- Plans repairs and maintenance of public works and utility infrastructure.
- Supervises staff and contractors working on projects.
- Receives and responds to public complaints and queries.
- Advises and assists Council members with all matters relating to public works and utilities.
- Overall administration and supervision of public works and utilities.
- Supervision/inspections of all water and wastewater facilities and infrastructure, ensuring that all Provincial standards are met.
You and Your Experience:
- Experience leading teams within maintenance, utility, or construction-related public works setting.
- Strong ability to communicate and build relationships.
- Problem-solving capability combined with complaint management and public relations skills.
- Wastewater and utility management experience are valued.
- Asset management background would be of benefit to the position.
- Knowledge or experience in road construction project work would be an asset.
Benefits of the organization:
- Competitive compensation
- Full health benefits
- Company vehicle
- Dynamic and supportive team
- A community and Council that takes pride in their public facilities and infrastructure
About the RM of Montcalm:
Located approximately 60 km south of Winnipeg in the heart of the Red River Valley and has three population centres: Saint-Joseph, Letellier, and Saint-Jean-Baptiste.
To submit your candidacy:
Please apply by emailing your cover letter and resume in confidence to Jordan Wall; email@example.com. For more information about this position feel free to contact Jordan Wall at 204-228-5485
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted.