Asset Manager - City of Brooks
City of Brooks
Welcome to the City of 100 Hellos! We are a welcoming and inclusive community and one of the most culturally diverse communities in Alberta, with a population of 14,451 and another 11,000 in the surrounding area.
Why work with us? We take pride in our culture, work-life balance, personal and professional growth and teamwork. We are professional, supportive, fun, dedicated, diverse and warm and welcoming!
The City of Brooks has an opening for the position of Asset Manager. This is a temporary two (2) year position starting August 2021. If you have a Business, Engineering or Asset Management background and value being part of a collaborative and dynamic team then this is the job for you!
Job Details & Responsibilities:
As the successful applicant, you will be responsible for providing support in the development and implementation of Asset Management strategies and frameworks at all levels of the organization. The City of Brooks has recently completed an Asset Management Needs Assessment. You will be responsible for implementing the report recommendations in collaboration with the Asset Management Committee.
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Engineering, or a related field;
- Certificate in Asset Management or equivalent;
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years experience in Asset Management practices. Previous municipal experience would be preferred;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered;
- Class 5 Drivers License and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills along with the ability to prioritize a wide range of initiatives; and,
- Demonstrated expertise in use and application of MS Office Suite, GIS and related software applications.
Compensation & Benefits:
The City of Brooks offers a competitive salary for this position. You will also receive a free family membership to the JBS Canada Centre during your term of employment. This is a temporary two (2) year position based out of City Hall starting immediately.
A clean criminal records check and commercial driver abstract will be required before an offer of employment is presented to the successful applicant.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is chosen. The City of Brooks thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Brooks is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date for applications is Friday, October 22, 2021 or before, if a suitable candidate is found.
October 22, 2021
Applications can be submitted at: https://brooks.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=156&source=aWQ9Nw%3D%3D