Finance Clerk – Utility Billing and Property Tax - City of West Kelowna
FINANCE CLERK – UTILITY BILLING AND PROPERTY TAX
THE OKANAGAN LIFESTYLE IS C ALLING!
COMPETITION NO. 21-55E
OPENS SEPTEMBER 15, 2021
CLOSES OCTOBER 13, 2021
West Kelowna is an emerging city where opportunity awaits in the spectacular Okanagan Valley. Captivating lakes and mountains, orchards and vineyards provide countless recreational opportunities. Find your life balance here and grow your career with us. Live and work in a place that Maclean’s Magazine has named one of the best places to live in Canada. Spend weekend’s wine tasting, picking fresh locally grown produce, mountain biking through stately pine forests or swimming or kayaking in beautiful Okanagan Lake. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, numerous employee wellness incentives, an earned time off program and professional development opportunities. West Kelowna is calling! We love it here… and we are certain you will too!
The City of West Kelowna has a permanent full time opening for a Finance Clerk – Utility Billing and Property Tax.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
The Utility Billing and Property Tax Clerk works in the Finance Department, with direction from the Revenue Coordinator and alongside four other revenue staff members. The position entails a large amount of customer service, responding to emails and phone calls from our residents in regards to their property tax and utility accounts and bills, and making adjustments to accounts if necessary. The position provides back up to the cashier as well as assisting the other revenue positions as needed.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Completion of 2 years of recognized accounting program
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a related position
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Experience with Vadim software would be an asset
- Aptitude for working with numbers / arithmetic calculations
- Ability to operate a calculator with speed and accuracy
- High attention to detail
- Good organizational skills, with the ability to plan and prioritize effectively
- Ability to obtain and maintain a criminal record check
- Strong customer service skills
- Some secretarial / clerical abilities and skills
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
$32.19/hr | Permanent, Full Time 35 hrs/wk | Benefits | Municipal Pension Plan